Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 31 04-04-2003 , 11:24 PM
Subscriber

and

Finished ?

# 32 04-04-2003 , 11:29 PM
Subscriber
that is one nice drawing!!!

If you can create that scene we might as well give up now user added image

Looking forward to you starting to model this

cheers

Rich
# 33 04-04-2003 , 11:37 PM
Subscriber
I'm looking forward to modeling it also !

NO.. I don't want anyone to give up..
Everyones is very insparational ! I meen I learned a lot from the last one.. but this one I'm sure I will also, its going to be done difrent. Also seeing every ones modeling gives lots of ideas. From the just starting up to stuf like bryans work.. All the difrences just go to show someone.. hay you can get from hear to THERE.. The more there is the less it looks like there is just one big leap, that makes it intemidating for people..

I don't even know if I can model this yet.. cant wait for the good computer to be back so I can try..

# 34 05-04-2003 , 05:40 AM
Subscriber
how about some C+C some one.. please..

know its not in 3d yet.. but I would rather work out all the problems now...

# 35 05-04-2003 , 11:18 AM
Subscriber

and

would like some C+C on this to.. hoping the front looks as meen as the side dose.. what are your thoughts if you read this ?

# 36 05-04-2003 , 07:21 PM
Subscriber
I know you've put a lot of work into choosing the claws and working out the model but i do have one critique for the front claws: they look a little wimpy compared to the rest of him.

I feel like such a ferocious beast would also have useable front claws to grasp and rip with - even a little apposeble claw cold give it a meaner look

I'm loving the side view - the front view seems to have a few weaknesses - it looks like the stance is wider in the side view and that the lower legs are further from the body than the knee joint - which would give it a more 'ready to pounce' look. Also in the side view the legs look wiry and in the front view they look to massive and planted. (to me...)

In the side view the head hangs menacingly from the neck whereas in the front view it looks like these big horns dominate and the head is on top of neck.

This all may be a little picky and I know it may not be 100percent clear but the main point is is that the frightening demon aspect which comes over so good in the side view doesn't make it to the front view - the side view is IT user added image

Check out the subsurfacescattering on my tongue...

<a href="https://www.reitzmachine.com">www.reitzmachine.com</a>
# 37 06-04-2003 , 03:14 AM
Subscriber
ok ereitz your right working on it.. especaly the legs.. don't know what much I can do about the head.. will think on that one..
I'm not sure what you ment about the front claws. your talking about his claws for hands right ? not his feet. just want to be clear.
will have a pic thats maybe a little better in a couple.

# 38 06-04-2003 , 04:31 AM
Subscriber

and

ereitz what do you think now.. did I get what you were talking about ?

# 39 06-04-2003 , 04:34 AM
Subscriber
my only complain is about the thighs.... well, creating stuff like dragons.... take a look at horse anatomy..... works well for "dragon like creatures" especially their thigh aria

# 40 06-04-2003 , 04:40 AM
Subscriber
your talking about the muscle placement ? ok..

I have some time to work on it.. the bones and every thing else I was going to revamp this weekend.. I have time over now since I found out it was my motherboard and I cant get a replacement for at least till monday.

# 41 06-04-2003 , 07:01 AM
Subscriber
yeah - it's looking great Pony - tariqf has a good point - if you look at a horses thigh - which anatomically similar is to your dragon thigh from the side - it's very narrow - not round - sort of like a flattened oval - same with a dog.

the hand claws is what i meant and they're looking better in the front view - in the side view they just need something - do they grasp? Does he slash with them? Think about how it is he would attack with his front claws or what he would use them for and that will tell you how to make them.

As far as the head - in the front view the horns are the uppermost anatomical feature and in the side view they are lower and seem more integrated with the head - that leads to the head looking more lizard like - less human - more evil!

Hope your motherboard gets sorted out - looking forward to seeing the modeling process user added image

Hope you found the c & c somehow useful

Check out the subsurfacescattering on my tongue...

<a href="https://www.reitzmachine.com">www.reitzmachine.com</a>
# 42 06-04-2003 , 07:23 AM
Subscriber
oh damn just noticed that about the horns !! working out some things posted.. thanks !!

# 43 06-04-2003 , 08:40 AM
Subscriber

and???

here's the redo on the horns...

what do you think?

# 44 06-04-2003 , 04:18 PM
wow.. how did you learn to draw so good?

# 45 06-04-2003 , 04:27 PM
Subscriber
Not beeting my self up about crap work, just doing it. And looking for ways to inprove even if I had a long way to go. Organics are STILL HARD..

umm and some excersises.. make my hands and eyes give me what I want. and also some for me to viualise what I want more solidly.

Thankyou dbirider