Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 121 16-06-2007 , 02:38 PM
I will be offline this week coz it's my last in school and i need to get some good marks see ya in friday i will think about your all suggestions and experiment with them cya user added image

# 122 03-07-2007 , 02:14 AM
Hey im back ... now i will work on background so ... where i can load this HDRI ??

# 123 03-07-2007 , 02:51 AM
here is a plane and image attached to it ... I really don't like the effect i get coz it's somehow not realistic ...user added image Any ideas except modeling and texturing buildings behind those in my scean ?

Attached Thumbnails
# 124 03-07-2007 , 02:56 AM
Maybe something like a park with trees ect?

# 125 03-07-2007 , 06:35 AM
It doesn't look realistic since the brick building seems to stand out more than the backgrouund. Your best bet is probably to model your own buildings so that the scene looks more uniform.

Heres a good HDR tut by Steve Tubbrit. It covers just about everything u need to know.

https://en.9jcg.com/comm_pages/blog_content-art-10.htm

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
# 126 03-07-2007 , 02:05 PM
One tip also: never use extreme colors like 0,0,0 and 255,255,255. For white something like 240,240,240 and black 30,30,30.

# 127 04-07-2007 , 03:08 AM
It is better but the buildings don't look realistic huh... some help will be :attn: user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 128 06-07-2007 , 09:56 PM
Turn off shadows for the rear buildings because it looks like they are too close to each other. Also, the texture for the bricks is a higher quality than the surrounding buildings. Maybe turning up the brightness of the textures might help.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

# 129 06-07-2007 , 10:24 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Hi man you've come along way with your project it looks rather good, i have some suggestions though so if you don't mind;
-Scale up the background buildings and sharpen the textures in photoshop
-the intensity of the streetlight is to much and since it seems that its daytime it should'nt even be on
:p
- add a sidewalk and a street to the foreground and get rid of the checker-texture
-To get more sense if depth you could use depth of field
- to make it look more real add some extra attributes to the scene(a broken bicycle, garbage, a red thingy that firemen use(i can't remember how it's called in english :headbang: ).)

good luck with ituser added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 130 06-07-2007 , 11:32 PM
Left a little more of texturing ... and some fix in texturing ...

any good ideas of how to make my Background more good looking will be very useful

Attached Thumbnails
# 131 06-07-2007 , 11:34 PM

Originally posted by mastone
Hi man you've come along way with your project it looks rather good, i have some suggestions though so if you don't mind;
-Scale up the background buildings and sharpen the textures in photoshop
-the intensity of the streetlight is to much and since it seems that its daytime it should'nt even be on
:p
- add a sidewalk and a street to the foreground and get rid of the checker-texture
-To get more sense if depth you could use depth of field
- to make it look more real add some extra attributes to the scene(a broken bicycle, garbage, a red thingy that firemen use(i can't remember how it's called in english :headbang: ).)

good luck with ituser added image

The scene will be in night mode ... I like your idea about the street i will make it 10x ... and i will work on the brick texture 10x for the advice user added image

# 132 08-07-2007 , 04:18 PM
Small updates .. here is the bike ... Any good advices of making my background more good ??? And i will add the Firecrane on the street soon ... some texture work left ... and some fixes in texture i think i must make ... any good suggestions of how to improve my scean will be :attn: :attn:

ColDwAve :p

Attached Thumbnails
# 133 08-07-2007 , 04:22 PM
And the bike ... it's nothin complex but it's just fine for my scean user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 134 08-07-2007 , 04:29 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
I liked the first buildings in the background better kutgw
user added image

# 135 08-07-2007 , 07:29 PM
The textures are looking good now. I think the sidewalk could use some lines in it, but thats a personal thing. Great job.