Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 02-05-2009 , 12:27 PM

bed - work in progress

Hi all,

this bed is made from
nCloth

what do you think so far?

suggestion are very welcomend

user added image

# 2 02-05-2009 , 02:54 PM
Hmm it looks pretty good to me, but i'm definitely not a proffesional. I'd say that the bronze looking material looks a little bit too reflective, and it sorta looks like it's combined with a wood texture with those "v" like shapes? Also, I can't really see the end of the bed because there's not much light there.

Good work though! (Certainly much better than I would be able to do!)

# 3 03-05-2009 , 12:37 AM
Subscriber
The cloth looks a little too thick to me and I think I see some interpenetration in the lower right hand corner of the bed.

Nice work though

# 4 03-05-2009 , 10:58 AM

Originally posted by Bluethunder
Hmm it looks pretty good to me, but i'm definitely not a proffesional. I'd say that the bronze looking material looks a little bit too reflective, and it sorta looks like it's combined with a wood texture with those "v" like shapes? Also, I can't really see the end of the bed because there's not much light there.

Good work though! (Certainly much better than I would be able to do!)

thanks for the comments user added image
I am not also a professional, I am also on the learning cure.

The floor is a temporarly. I will make is with a carpet sort of texture, I will definatly post it once I finished it.

Originally posted by RockyMills_01The cloth looks a little too thick to me and I think I see some interpenetration in the lower right hand corner of the bed.

Nice work though

thanks for the comments, I also think is a litle too thick, I will fix it.
and about the penetration, their is no penitration as I checked, maybe is because of the light, as I said this is not finished, once finish I will post it user added image

# 5 03-05-2009 , 12:44 PM
The Nurb Herd
i think as you are showing us your ncloth it could be presented better. the lighting is too dark at the end of the bed, which seems to be where the geometry is more interesting in terms of ncloth.

also the reflections are too high. i might make the frame less boxy too.

keep it up tho ... i've never used ncloth yet so you are one step ahead of me there!

# 6 03-05-2009 , 11:09 PM
Subscriber
i agree with everything hammer just said...

i don't think wood is ever that reflective
the floor is too shiny too, dial down the specular highlights a bit

and yeah, add some more lights in there too

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D