Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 16-01-2008 , 08:19 AM

Grouping clusters

I've made a model of a character and I've made clusters for it's eye lids they work properly but if I want to move my whole char they wont follow (which is obvious since I havent grouped them to anything) but what should I group them to? :S if I group them to the skeleton root join it just goes berserk and stretches it around and if I group it to the skin nothing happens :|

user added image

# 2 16-01-2008 , 09:27 AM
could you try grouping or parenting them to the nearest joint? sorry, haven't had much experience with clusters.

looks like a cute character by the way. user added image

# 3 16-01-2008 , 09:34 AM

Re: Grouping clusters

Originally posted by Kamirura
I've made a model of a character and I've made clusters for it's eye lids they work properly but if I want to move my whole char they wont follow (which is obvious since I havent grouped them to anything) but what should I group them to? :S if I group them to the skeleton root join it just goes berserk and stretches it around and if I group it to the skin nothing happens :|

user added image

You have to parent the eyes with the body. Shift+select and press "p" and open the Hypergraph Hierarchy, and the eye must be down "body mesh" in the shelf.

# 4 16-01-2008 , 09:54 AM
I did try grouping them to the join that I grouped the eyes to but that didnt work user added image and when I group it to the skin which is poluTosubd3 they still stay in the same spot when I move the whole char :/
Can it be that I have to group them before I set the points its gonna be attached to? :/

Here is the join list abit unfolded
user added image

Last edited by Kamirura; 16-01-2008 at 10:01 AM.
# 5 17-01-2008 , 03:07 AM
YES I solved it I just had to group the cluster together first before i could put them under a skeleton joint.... sigh
Thx for the help guys user added image