Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 08-02-2007 , 03:47 AM
SM Tea Boy

Michael Mckinley - Interview

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 2 08-02-2007 , 06:49 AM
Nice little interview, hope to see more in the future.

Just on a side note, I think it would be nice to be able to click the images that Mikes produced to to get a larger image (if its possible, copyright etc etc)

Cheers

Steve

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 08-02-2007 , 08:45 AM
Subscriber
Wow great interview, very cool and interesting ... user added image great job,

a side note, what steve said about the amazing pictures being enlarged if possible, thanks

# 4 08-02-2007 , 10:24 AM
Senior Software Developer
Nice Interview. Really inspires you to get your head down and crack on.

I must be a great feeling to finally get your asset into a game.

I take it there will be more to come?

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 5 09-02-2007 , 02:15 PM
Subscriber
Grats Mike, your interview was put very nicely.user added image

www.papalati.com
# 6 10-02-2007 , 01:04 PM
Subscriber
Good Interview. Very inspiring as well, I hope to one day get my foot in the door to say, Unfortunately I did not get a chance to go to school to learn, I had to do it on my own, working with game editors for a lot of mods in the past that have never taken off left a bad taste in my mouth for the gaming community, I now wait for the new UED 3 to come out to give it one more try. Thanks for the good advice.

# 7 02-03-2007 , 11:28 PM
Subscriber
Great Interview. Any industry you get into will require some real effort and persistance. Dont be naive in thinking it's all about talent. Politics and a big roll of red tape is always in the industry so please be aware of that if youre serious about getting a gig in the industry. Mike hit the nail on the head about always looking to improve and building your skills even though youre just about ready to give up. When you have the time you dont have the money and when you have the money you cant find the time. It is a road and battle we all continue to walk and fight but that's how it goes. Hang in there my fellow artists and thanks for the interview mike.

# 8 01-04-2007 , 02:31 AM
Subscriber
That was a really cool interview, hope to see more of those in the future!

Thanks
Jason