Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 01-04-2014 , 08:41 AM

How to install PyMel and Python scripts in Maya 2008?

Hello! Couldn't someone of the experienced people help me with installing Python in Maya ? I'm a noob in Maya and want to use some useful scripts but cannot run them, cause my Maya lacks something named Pymel core runtime.Recently I've found one nice script from here - https://sites.google.com/site/adamva...d-mesh-in-maya but couldn't run it and got the message "No Pymel core runtime". I found the big list of Pymels here, installed Python (first the newest version 3.4, then I found right 2.5.1). I tried three versions of pymel - - 0.9, 1.0.2, 1.0.3 at random but with no success. I did it after this Autodesk instruction here , through easy install for Windows, from the Start menu, but any installation of any PyMel breaks with the same error when it looks for something related to iPython -
user added image
What is this error and how to avoid it?
There in the documentations are several ways for manual installation of PyMel as a Python package, but I don't know Python (honestly, I have never dealt with it at all) and I don't know which is the best way to do it.
If someone have ever worked with PyMel and Python scripts in older versions of Maya (2008-2010), where it wasn't included inside, how did you install PyMel?