Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 30-03-2016 , 07:21 PM
EduSciVis-er

Color settings in hypershade

I don't know if it's just me, but the color settings in the hypershade/node editor for lights are AWFUL. It's impossible to read the attributes. Check it out. Now, by scrounging through the Color Settings, I found that changing the Lights color under the Node Editor/Node Types tabs partially fixed the issue. But the striping still is bad. Why Maya??

Attached Images
# 2 30-03-2016 , 07:23 PM
EduSciVis-er
Well, weird. If I close the hypershade and re-open it, the new color settings are applied properly. Never mind. Hope it helps EVERYONE, cause this should not be the default and everyone should change it.

Attached Images
# 3 31-03-2016 , 05:40 PM
Super Moderator
Yep! I had to do the same thing. To be honest, some of Maya's defaults are a bit questionable.

- Genny