Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 11-12-2002 , 12:01 PM
Subscriber

Creating an Avi file..

I don't know how to create a video file from maya..please can you tell me how?

Ioannis KarAvas
# 2 11-12-2002 , 05:50 PM
The Maya Mountain
well, you would want to first render out a series of images. My file preference is .tga. Then, take that series into a video editor of some sort (there are some free ones out there) and you can output them as an avi or whatever.

Good luck. user added image

# 3 20-12-2002 , 10:47 PM
cant u just render one avi file? compressed?

:-)
# 4 21-12-2002 , 07:39 AM
The Maya Mountain
Maya's avi's (at least in my experience) aren't that good quality, and if you have any sort of rendering problems or a crash, instead of being able to simply start from the frame you left off from, you have to start over again. Plus, they don't lend to compositing very well, either in my opinion.

# 5 04-01-2003 , 10:42 PM
Need a little help here. I have an animation that I rendered out to an image sequence (360 TIF files). I imported all the images into Premiere but for some reason I can't get the sequence to play back at proper speed. I adjusted the video settings for the clip in premiere to 30 fps and switched the format to avi for windows...same resolution as the maya output files....Premiere still plays the sequence at a snail's pace. Anyone have an idea what I might be missing?

--pete

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 6 04-01-2003 , 11:03 PM
If I remember correct Premiere's default duration for still images is something else than 1 frame. Might want to check that out...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 7 04-01-2003 , 11:52 PM
Good call, KB! Changed the duration to 1 frame in the still image properties and imported. Worked out great. Thanks.

# 8 05-01-2003 , 12:09 AM
Subscriber
another thing to watch out for is the plaback speed in maya, that needs to be the same as the speed in all other programs you use on the same piece of animation

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 9 05-01-2003 , 12:25 AM
Yeah I learned that the hard way. Took a day and a half rendering out my animations....for some reason it rendered a perspective view as well as the camera view I wanted...360 frames each. After all that, the animation is way too fast. No big deal, though. I noticed it when I was working in Maya but never bothered to change it since I was just working through one of the "Maya Fundamental" tutorials...something I plan on deleting anyways. I basically animated a boat on a path but made the path too long so the boat looks like it's going on Mr. Toad's WIld Ride or something...heheh. Anyway, thanks for the tips guys. Noted for next time.