Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 16 08-07-2004 , 05:27 PM

Originally posted by Dragonhawk
The bone was refering to the dinosaur bone....google on the net for dinosaur and look between the legs ( user added image ) and then u ll understand...but okay ill delete it....and i will make the legs more smoothed on the body and less so wrong positioned....

Yes, I know what Dragonhawk is referring to...I think it is an extrusion of the hip-bone, which is seen a lot on the more bird-like dinosaurs such as velociraptor and such. It is not a "weiner," just a bone structure in a lot of those sorts of dinosaurs. Kind of like the Velociraptor image I am going to post (please note: this is an old image I made in MSPaint, so don't criticize me too much, since I have improved TONS since then! :p )

Originally posted by Dragonhawk
i want to achieve a body shown in your image.It shall look very similar....just a bit longer....i wanted more an elegant dragon who bends slowlywhen it turns to the right or so.......image posts will follow in ca. 1.5h .......

Yeah, I think I know what kind of look you are going for Dragonhawk...if you want it to be a more elegant dragon, then maybe try arching the back and have it standing on 4 legs, as the dragon that I posted was. It was just a thought. Also, the knees looked a little off to me...the rear legs look WAY too flexible. Maybe try toning that a little more. Hope this helps some! user added image

Attached Thumbnails

~CGPMaya84 (also DragonTU84 from SimplyPhotoshop and CPAnimate84 from SimplyMax)
# 17 08-07-2004 , 05:52 PM
Hah the dragon has a penis! user added image! frikkin awesome! user added image

# 18 08-07-2004 , 10:42 PM
Technical Director
Yuck dude. :p Anyway great work man! Keep it up!

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 19 09-07-2004 , 06:26 AM
Subscriber
lol.....where is this going ?
:surprised user added image

# 20 10-07-2004 , 02:54 AM
Uhhhh....I don't think I want to know....user added image It all started when someone was wondering what that extrusion was between the dragon's legs....then somebody took it for a "weiner," and I said what it really was, but people are still taking the "weiner" assumptions....*rolls eyes* user added image Some men............. Lol, just kidding guys! user added image

~CGPMaya84 (also DragonTU84 from SimplyPhotoshop and CPAnimate84 from SimplyMax)
# 21 10-07-2004 , 03:05 AM
why cant we say penis? CGP? you have problems saying penis? hahahaha i agree i think it is an extrusion from the pelvis (not a penis)

# 22 10-07-2004 , 03:22 AM
No, there is nothing wrong with you guys saying "penis." I was not saying that. I was just saying that I am not really that surprised that you guys are joking about stuff like that. I was just joking around anyway, I personally don't really care if you guys say the word "penis." It is just my weird sense of humor, lol. user added image You guys can talk about all the "penises" you want...lol!! Yeah, it is definately an extrusion of the pelvis bone though. I have seen that on a lot of dinosaurs like Velociraptors, and Dragonhawk said himself it was caused by a type of dinosaur bone.

# 23 10-07-2004 , 03:53 AM
"I have seen that on a lot of dinosaurs"
WOAH! I WANNA SEE A DINOSAUR! lol user added image I know what you mean... when i was little i went to all these like.. dinosaur places and i got to look at real fossils and i remember those little... protrusions user added image

# 24 10-07-2004 , 04:26 AM
Lol!!! Yeah, well I used to have this obsession with dinosaurs when I was younger...I did a lot of research on velociraptors and stuff back then. I even had one of those build-it-yourself dinosaur bone kits made of wood for a velociraptor, lol!!! I think the original Jurrasic Park and the second one (The Lost World) made me so obsessed with them, lol! user added image When I was in high school...I built a large, life-sized model of a velociraptor out of chicken wire, wood, and then covered it with plaster strips...it just shows how much I liked dinosaurs then, lol!!!!!!

# 25 10-07-2004 , 03:50 PM
plz back to topic...

i added kinda wing on the tail and i show the un/selected (smoothed /unsmoothed) version of it.I also started a bit on the wings and i realise that i need references...does anyone have good top views of dragon wings?could also be bat wings etc. ....thx a lot in advance

Attached Thumbnails
# 26 10-07-2004 , 04:32 PM
plz back to topic...

i added kinda wing on the tail and i show the un/selected (smoothed /unsmoothed) version of it.I also started a bit on the wings and i realise that i need references...does anyone have good top views of dragon wings?could also be bat wings etc. ....thx a lot in advance

Attached Thumbnails
# 27 10-07-2004 , 08:17 PM
and the wingholders...

Attached Thumbnails
# 28 11-07-2004 , 12:37 AM
Ehehe, sorry about that Dragonhawk, I guess we got a little carried away on that whole issue.... user added image Anyway, the dragon is beginning to look a lot better in my opinion! I like how the body is a little stockier, since now it does not look as emaciated as it did before. It is really beginning to come along! user added image Also, in my opinion the wings look a little too rounded...maybe try making them resemble more like bat wings or something, since dragon wings usually resemble those of a bat's anyway. Also, this is just a thought, it is entirely up to you...but I think it would look pretty neat if you had rows of spike-like things coming out slantways on the top of the dragon's neck extending on its back and to its tail...it's kind of hard to explain, but I will maybe try posting something later with a quick sketch overtop of your dragon to show you what I mean. Keep up the great work though! user added image

# 29 11-07-2004 , 12:55 AM
Hi again Dragonhawk. I decided to post a quick drawing of a dragon wing I did in paint with cell shading. Hehe, don't mind my sloppiness, since I did it rather quickly ...:bored: but maybe it will help you create the dragon wings. user added image

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by CGPMaya84; 11-07-2004 at 12:57 AM.
# 30 11-07-2004 , 01:07 AM
And here is a pic of the dragon with the "spines" I was referring to...it is entirely up to you if you want to do it or not.

Attached Thumbnails