Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 10-08-2004 , 12:42 AM

Redirecting a character

Hey..got another question that'll probably take you guys about two minutes to figure out.

I've got a mechanical walker type thing that I've animated a walk/run cycle for...but there's a little problem... I can only get it to go one direction. 8-) Whenever I try to use the character set redirection handle (that sphere shaped icon that appears at the origin, the torso twists, but the feet won't move themselves with the torso...so it just looks like I'm twisting the entire model. Is there anyway to redirect the entire model so all it's extremities will track the position of the two feet.

# 2 10-08-2004 , 01:45 AM
The Maya Mountain
Usually, I group the pelvis with the feet's IK groups and rotating that group rotates the entire character.

# 3 10-08-2004 , 05:33 AM
Issue resolved, thanks a bunch. That's a lot easier than trying to mess with that stupid redirection node.