Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 23-01-2003 , 07:41 PM

Slave of Indriya

The more he struggles for the light (which represents his desires), the tighter chains get.
Branded and fettered by the dollar (represented by the chains), if he were to let go of the 'struggle for his desires', the chains would lengthen and eventually release him, then the brand would fade away.

maybe user added image

Good for gallery?LinkyLinky

Last edited by Aphex; 23-01-2003 at 07:43 PM.
# 2 23-01-2003 , 07:43 PM
Only thing that needs some work in my opinion is the skin shader. Otherwise it looks alrighty to me...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 3 23-01-2003 , 08:10 PM
Kevin
yes .. gets my vote for the gallery to!

thats 2 ... one more mod please

# 4 23-01-2003 , 08:23 PM
Very nice pic! One suggestion is to have somewhere for the chains to go to in the floor (i.e. a block, a hook in the floor, etc.)

# 5 23-01-2003 , 08:50 PM
wow. Nice anatomy. Looks good. The only c&C that I have is what Jmarsz had to say and also that maybe you could change the skinshader? It looks alittle plasicty. Overall good comp. though. Thanks,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 6 23-01-2003 , 09:14 PM
Nice job on the modeling. I agree with the previous suggestions people have made

I think the lighting needs work. It looks like you only have a single light in the scene, and that makes it look incomplete. There needs to be some more ambient light on the wall and the ground to give the image more depth and range. Also, the highlighted portion of the leg on the right side of the image throws off the composition -- it draws attention to it because the shadows are so dark and it is the same brightness as the face. Toning down the intensity there will definitely help focus the viewer's eye on the character's face some more.

The image is almost there. Not ready for the gallery just yet, though.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 7 23-01-2003 , 10:00 PM
Ya just work on the lighting a bit more and maybe some skin work other than that great job.....

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 8 24-01-2003 , 01:15 AM
yeah, good feedback thanx people, i too thought the skin looked a little 'action man' like, i tried toning down the blinn specularity, but it obviously didnt pull off too well, so i'll have a go at sorting it, i'll also put some ground loops in for the chains too.

hold fire, "i'll be back" user added image lol