Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 04-06-2003 , 08:33 AM
Kevin

Sobig virus spreading

and no adldesigner - it isnt a sexual thing user added image

----------------------------------------

By Paul Roberts, IDG News Service:

https://www.infoworld.com/article/03/...tesworm_1.html

------------------------------------------

story:

A potent new variety of the Sobig e-mail virus is spreading on the Internet, according to warnings from a number of leading antivirus companies.

The new virus, known as Sobig.C, was first detected on Saturday and is a variant of the original Sobig virus, which appeared in January 2003, according to a statement by Helsinki, Finland, security company F-Secure.

Like the original Sobig virus, Sobig.C is a mass-mailing worm that spreads copies of itself through e-mail messages with attached files that contain the virus code.

Sobig.C arrives in e-mail messages that use a variety of subject lines such as "Re: Screensaver," "Re: Movie" and "Re: Your Application." The names of the attachment containing the virus also vary and include "screensaver.scr," "approved.pif" and "movie.pif," F-Secure said.

Once opened, the attachment copies the virus to the Windows folder on the infected machine and alters the machine's Microsoft Windows registry to make sure that the virus is started along with the operating system.

The worm scans infected machines for e-mail addresses stored in a variety of files including the Windows address book and on saved Web pages. Sobig.C saves the addresses it finds in a separate file, then targets those addresses with e-mail messages containing the virus.

Like its predecessor, Sobig.C is also capable of detecting and copying itself to vulnerable shared folders on a local area network, according to an alert by antivirus company Sophos.

However, unlike the earlier worm, Sobig.C is capable of faking the sender's address as well, inserting e-mail addresses it finds on the host machine in the "From" line of messages containing the virus.

Messages containing the original Sobig worm used only one address on the From line: "big@boss.com," according to an alert posted on the Web site of McAfee Security, a business unit of Network Associates Inc.

That means messages containing the Sobig.C virus might appear to come from people the targeted user knows. In addition, receiving an infected e-mail from an address doesn't automatically mean that the sender's machine has been infected, F-Secure said.

Among the e-mail addresses spoofed by Sobig.C is "bill@microsoft.com," the address for Microsoft chairman and chief software architect Bill Gates.

The new virus is just the latest Sobig variant to spread, in part, by using the name of the Redmond, Wash., company.

In May, another variant, Sobig.B, also known as "Palyh," infected machines worldwide by disguising itself as a message from Microsoft's support organization.

Most antivirus companies provided updated virus definitions to detect Sobig.C on Sunday and encouraged their customers to update their antivirus software as soon as possible.

Instructions for detecting the new virus were also posted on leading antivirus sites, as were tools for removing Sobig.C from infected machines.

# 2 04-06-2003 , 08:39 AM
-updating Virus definitions-

# 3 04-06-2003 , 08:42 AM
Subscriber
thanx for the warning user added image

Take a glance at my <a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9428"><b>Porsche 959</b></a> WIP
# 4 04-06-2003 , 08:43 AM
Kevin

Originally posted by adldesigner
-updating Virus definitions-

LMAO ....you rock dude :headbang:

# 5 04-06-2003 , 08:46 AM
Kevin
hey adl...check out the name of it again "sobig" - "so big" LOL damn I must have this virus after all!

# 6 04-06-2003 , 08:52 AM

Originally posted by Kevin
hey adl...check out the name of it again "sobig" - "so big" LOL damn I must have this virus afetr all!

LMAO.
-Danny must be wondering why I haven´t gone to sleep yet-
I can´t sleep man! 4:52 am here.

# 7 04-06-2003 , 08:53 AM
Kevin
you havnt been to bed yet adl?

whats going on dude? Tell Kevin all your worrys mate.....

# 8 04-06-2003 , 08:56 AM

Originally posted by Kevin
you havnt been to bed yet adl?

whats going on dude? Tell Kevin all your worrys mate.....

Nah bud. I slept from 9pm to 2 am.
And now I can´t get to sleep again.

I made a small investigation for my brother though (-regarding ostriches) Here´s a pic..

Attached Thumbnails
# 9 04-06-2003 , 08:58 AM
Kevin
LMAO!!! wtf you on about adl LOL

so what did you find out about them mate? Ill put it on the main page as latest news!

# 10 04-06-2003 , 09:00 AM
Kevin
General Info About Ostriches

The ostrich, Struthio camelus, is the world's largest bird living today. Ostrich fossils have been found in North Africa, Europe and Asia, but today the bird is indigenous to Africa, where it has been raised commercially for more than 100 years. The ostrich grows to a height of seven to eight feet and weighs 250-400 pounds when fully mature. It is an environmentally friendly animal, requiring less acreage than other livestock and relatively modest amounts of food and water. Ostriches were first raised for their feathers. Now they are more valued for the low-fat red meat and world-renowned leather the birds provide.

Did you know?

It is of the Ratite family, which means flightless bird.
The Ostrich is the largest living bird in the world.
The Ostrich is native to Africa, yet thrives in countries all over the world.
Adult males are eight to ten feet in height and weigh 350-400 pounds.
A male Ostrich is called a rooster and a female Ostrich is called a hen.
The male is black with white wing tips and tail plumes.
The female has light brown and gray plumage and is slightly smaller than the male.
This great bird has two toes, all other birds have three or four toes.
The Ostrich can run at speeds of up to 40 MPH for sustained times.
An Ostrich will live to be 50 - 75 years old.
Although an ostrich egg is the largest of all eggs, it is the smallest egg in relation to the size of the bird.
The Ostrich egg will weigh 1600 gm and is equivalent to 2 dozen chicken eggs.
An Ostrich Hen can lay 40 -100 eggs per year, averaging about 60 eggs per year.
Ostrich eggs hatch in 42 days.
An Ostrich chick grows one foot taller each month until it is 7-8 months old.
Females sit on eggs by day; males sit on eggs by night.
To soft boil a fresh egg would take one hour. To hard boil would take 1 1/2 hours.
Ostrich farming is a viable alternative agriculture industry, with fine quality leather, feathers and gourmet meat as the principal products.

Ostriches were first commercially in South Africa in the mid-19th century. Ostrich feathers were used in fashion and costuming as well as in feather dusters. The feather market crashed in 1914, a victim of World War I. After World War II, ostrich leather and meat became viable commodities and feathers were once again in demand. Ostrich breeding nested in the United States in the early 1980s. The American Ostrich Association, formed in 1987 to support the new U.S. industry, is a trade association with goals of educating producers and promoting ostrich products. Ostriches are raised on small farms and on large ranches. Eggs are incubated and hatched. During the grow-out phase the birds may be kept in large paddocks. Breeders are kept in pairs, trios or colonies.

# 11 04-06-2003 , 09:01 AM
Kevin
and if your hungry:

Honey Glazed Ostrich Shish-Kebabs

Marinade:

1/5 bottle of red wine
1 cup olive oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 tbsp. parsley
1 tbsp. rosemary
2 tsp. white pepper
1 tsp. thyme
1 tsp. black pepper
2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1-2 tsp. Tabasco® sauce
4-5 cloves of garlic, crushed
3-4 bay leaves

Ostrich Meat:

6-8 lbs, inside leg and outside leg cuts, trimmed, cut into ½ inch about cubes.

Vegetables:

Tomatoes, onions and green peppers, cut into ½ inch pieces

Place meat and marinade in a glass or ceramic container, covered, in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Skewer, alternating meat with tomato, green pepper and onion. Suspend skewers over shallow pan and baste with honey, allowing excess to run off. Cook over medium fire on a covered grill turning once. Total cooking time is about 10 minutes. Do not overcook.

# 12 04-06-2003 , 09:03 AM
Ostrich Birds

Ostriches are native to Africa. Ostriches are the largest living bird in the world.
However, ostriches cannot fly. Ostriches have the same characteristics as the emu, rhea, and cassowary. Ostriches have super strong wings they use their wings to attract the females like many other birds. During hot weather, ostriches will lift and fan their wings to cool themselves down when it gets cold out they will cover there thighs with their wings to keep warm. The ostrich bird also only has 2 toes on each foot. When Ostriches get scared they run as their defense. Ostriches are very fast runners. Ostriches can reach anywhere from 16 to 23 feet per stride and run as fast as 30 and 50 miles per hour.

Life Span
In captivity Ostriches normally live from 30 to 70 years

Size
Male Ostriches stand up to 6- 9 feet tall.
Female Ostriches stand 5.5-6.5 feet tall

Weight
Ostriches usually weigh between 150 to 330 pounds.

Coloring
Males have bright white and black colors. The Female's have a grey and duller color than males.

That should work out ok for an 8-year old kid. Friggin teacher is killing him with home assignments. I might send out my cousin to break her knees. We italian people take care of our own.

# 13 04-06-2003 , 09:10 AM
Subscriber
LOL!! you guys are nuts!!!

Take a glance at my <a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9428"><b>Porsche 959</b></a> WIP
# 14 04-06-2003 , 09:15 AM
Kevin

# 15 04-06-2003 , 09:16 AM
Kevin

Originally posted by adldesigner
That should work out ok for an 8-year old kid. Friggin teacher is killing him with home assignments. I might send out my cousin to break her knees. We italian people take care of our own. [/B]

she needs one of these adl: :finger2: