Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 121 17-07-2003 , 10:57 PM
Looking good, really good

only suggestion is I think the skin color is too constant, could use some variation in the color map. other than that, great! user added image

________

- Jacob
# 122 17-07-2003 , 11:49 PM
Subscriber
Hey guys thanks for the nice comments and as always the great C+C!

I will be going away for a week long vacation and will be Internet-Deprived during that time user added image

I am bringing Lappy (thats what I named my laptop, clever huh?user added image) along and will be working on finishing up my model.

I am looking forward to seeing the results of everyones efforts when I return.

take care, see you soon! user added image

Attached Images
# 123 18-07-2003 , 07:50 PM
Subscriber
LOL, have a good time on your vacation man user added image. I think that suits him, a kinda wobbly wooden leg type walk.. still looks a lot like frankenstine though user added image. Kinda suits his figure though user added image. I think what would be the funniest thing ever is if you made his little legs go crazy trying to walk.. VERY fast VERY short steps user added image. Not much back movement and just leaning foreward a bit, with jolty forearm movement user added image.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 124 27-07-2003 , 02:16 AM
Subscriber
I am back!! I feel so out of touch user added image

I am posting my final render over in the "final render" post...

tnx M, I have been playing with animation a bit while on vaca... boy, its pretty tough. my key frames get very messy quickly. I will post something as soon as I upload it to my site user added image

# 125 27-07-2003 , 02:30 AM
Subscriber
aw what the heck ... here is my first attempt at animation... a clunky walk cycle from a couple different angles and a leap, pieced together in windows movie maker with and old film effect.

it made my wife giggle user added image

Attached Files
File Type: zip oldentoad.zip (594.3 KB, 104 views)
# 126 27-07-2003 , 03:02 AM
Subscriber
Excellent final render!! And super little movie clip that's great!! Nice one Howard!

# 127 27-07-2003 , 01:35 PM
Good stuff mate..

His walk you might want to lean him forward a bit more he looks a bit like hes sitting on his butt as he walks.

And add a bit more rotation to him

Other than that looking good.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 128 27-07-2003 , 04:40 PM
Subscriber
thnx guys... that whole animation thing is tricky. its an art form in itself!

by rotation do you mean side to side, along the y axis? that would make sense seeing as the pelvis would turn the whole body...

I will take another stab at it!user added image

# 129 27-07-2003 , 09:11 PM
howardporter, i have a question about your studio set-up. How much was your art table. I'm gonna buy one soon and like the one you have, though i'll probably get one abit smaller.

Thanks user added image

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 130 27-07-2003 , 09:18 PM
???
how did you make the animation as gif?

# 131 27-07-2003 , 09:24 PM
Subscriber
z1mmnd14- I bought the table a few years ago and it was somewhere in the nieghborhood of $3500 US. which is pretty expensive. But I know that you can find ones alot cheaper, expecially used.

I think the one I have is here: https://www.mayline.com/showcase/drafting.html

for years I just used a cheap table with a portable lightbox on top of it.

# 132 27-07-2003 , 09:27 PM

Originally posted by EagleKing
???
how did you make the animation as gif?

Possibly a gif animator, they usually have import avi/mpg features which allow you to "extract" frames from an animation and export into gif..

# 133 27-07-2003 , 10:12 PM
Very good indeed Howard.
I amaze myself at the velocity you have learned to model in Maya.

# 134 27-07-2003 , 11:10 PM
I love the little toad guy. He looks so cute and slimy and toady, but then also looks like he'd just as well eat you in one gulp as play with you. Lovely critter! May I have one as a pet? user added image

# 135 27-07-2003 , 11:23 PM
Subscriber
Nataliia- thnx, if you do happen upon one of these buggers in a pet store.... I would suggest you turn around and run!! user added image

ad- thnx, I seem to have really clicked with maya, it was very frustrating at first.... but only a few months of 6-8 hours a day and I am fairly comfortable with it.... syill a long way to go! there is so freaking much this program, it seems it wouldbe a lifetime of learning to master.... unless you are Brian E. user added image

Nova-Eagle... Nova was correct, I used image ready... I rendered the ani out as single bmp frames and imported it.

later!