Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 316 17-06-2014 , 07:14 PM
To switch gears I bought the Quixel suite yesterday. Must say it will save TONS of time in texturing. I plan on doing our jet collection for our game "Hard Deck." We hope to have about 20 jets to begin in the game and expand from there. We have about 5 built. But that is in 2 weeks. Plus we will sell them on Turbosquid.

This is a pic of a test texturing of a metal on the f-16 body. We need to sep the materials out and then add rivets and decals. But in all time to complete this will be drastically shortened through the suite.

EDIT: There it is in engine.

EDIT2: Decals and engine particle Fx laid in. Next will be animations and mechanics. Last being scaleform UI integration.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by CollinBishop; 18-06-2014 at 12:40 AM.
# 317 20-06-2014 , 07:52 PM
Today's agenda is the MIG. Let's see how far we can get this thing.

EDIT: First pass out of DDO done. Leon has decals for this guy. Then import into the engine to script into a vehicle. I have to fix the AO stacked UV problem and some repeatable areas that are too noticeable. But will do that in the maps.

EDIT2: Thrown in the engine to test whether geometry would import and a base map setup. You only use Albedo, Spec, Normal, and Gloss inside of the normal alpha.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by CollinBishop; 20-06-2014 at 10:44 PM.
# 318 23-06-2014 , 09:44 PM
So I put the decals and rivets on it. Next up is the Eurofighter.

EDIT1: Eurofighter is in the engine.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by CollinBishop; 24-06-2014 at 02:12 AM.
# 319 24-06-2014 , 02:03 AM
Next on the block is the A10.

Attached Thumbnails