Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 16 07-03-2004 , 12:26 AM
Subscriber
Materials assinged to it:

Attached Images
# 17 07-03-2004 , 12:31 AM
Subscriber
Some lightning added, personally I think this has some potential:

Attached Images
# 18 07-03-2004 , 12:36 AM
Subscriber
This one is just out of fun and it feels scary or something. Aight it might be time for bed here, tomorrow I will definitive post up-dates on the texturing. And I hope you guys find the guns cool, heh.

Attached Images
# 19 07-03-2004 , 04:56 PM
Subscriber
Pai check on the texture now user added image

Did some serious work this sunday morning. Not too many textures on the robot, but I think he will be pretty clean and shiny. Myself likes that best, could have done him more torn up, but hey it's my choice user added image

So here is the result, might do some changes if people hate it.

Front view:

Attached Images
# 20 07-03-2004 , 04:58 PM
Subscriber
Side view of this long arm robot:

Attached Images
# 21 07-03-2004 , 10:31 PM
Ok i can see that you don`t think that his arms are not so long, whel its your model it would be stupit to change something if you don`t think that you schould to change just becouse i or someone else say so!!! It some kind of nice robot he is one that get mugged?? The other one schould be rusty and stuff, the buly, Just suggestion!!! Wery nice, du you make this scen for your self or you and your friend work for someone else (for money)???

Best resolt would come, if every one in the group are doing what is best for himself and the group!!

Sorry for bad English, See ya
dead mosquito-blog-on english too
# 22 07-03-2004 , 11:49 PM
@Ankalagon: It's a schoolproject.

# 23 08-03-2004 , 12:13 AM
in what kind of schoul you go in???

Best resolt would come, if every one in the group are doing what is best for himself and the group!!

Sorry for bad English, See ya
dead mosquito-blog-on english too
# 24 09-03-2004 , 02:36 PM
Finally!! Big Bot 2 is textured... Wondering if Im supposed to do more bumpmapping... Dents and bruises n stuff... Well well...
Im outa time and need to get to rigging this thing. Pretty straightforward. No need for deformation zones. Wish me luck.

Attached Images
# 25 09-03-2004 , 02:38 PM
And a backview also...

Attached Images
# 26 15-03-2004 , 11:43 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by GreyFox
@Ankalagon: It's a schoolproject.

Whoops quoted the wrong person, ehh...

Me and Spiritius are both students at the Blekinge Institute of Technology, the programme is called Media Technology (don't know if that would be the exact correct english word for it, but one that will do good to explain some...). It's not a school with just 3D-education, it covers a broader aspect of the media- and IT sector.

Aight, enough talk about school. Time for a update. The previous week the rigging of the characters was completed.

Here's a look of how it went, used forward K on the arms (fingers) and toes, and IK-handles on the leg/knee. Had some trouble with the setup, but learned alot. Ohh one more thing, the background of the scene has progressed really nicely also. Will post that later this week. When I get a good lightning on the scene, now it's just not postable user added image

Ok picutre time:

Attached Images

Last edited by Silver; 15-03-2004 at 11:45 PM.
# 27 16-03-2004 , 10:20 AM
Nice work. When are you going to finish the animation. I'm curious what it is going to look like. But you already have the good en the bad but where the ugly one?

# 28 16-03-2004 , 08:01 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by drubster
Nice work. When are you going to finish the animation. I'm curious what it is going to look like. But you already have the good en the bad but where the ugly one?

Tnx for the support. We have a dead-line at week 19, then we will have a presentation and eximination of the work. So it's quite a bit of work left...

Aight time for some update, today I tried to goof around with some texturing in photoshop for one of the ventilation shafts, here's the result:

Attached Images
# 29 18-03-2004 , 02:21 PM
It might be a litte too rough bump mapping there silver. user added image

# 30 18-03-2004 , 02:40 PM
i agree with fox, it looks really chopped up, and with that tint, it almost looks like wood in some spots. Great work though! I can't wait to see the finished animation!

I Can't Understand What I'm Thinking