Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 08-04-2003 , 12:40 AM

Face Pivot

I need to move the pivot point of one of my faces. I've already tried the hit the 'insert' button, and moving the point. But as soon as you hit the rotate tool, it goes away.

HELP! I cant continue on my challenge untill I get this.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 2 08-04-2003 , 03:48 AM
The Maya Mountain
hit the rotate tool first, and then Insert. user added image

# 3 08-04-2003 , 04:47 AM
LOL! As much as i want to fix my problem, if that little detail is the problem, im going to be mad. LOL. Thanks Mike.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 4 08-04-2003 , 06:53 PM
Subscriber
also, dont forget to hit insert again after you've moved the pivot point user added image

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 5 08-04-2003 , 09:06 PM
Subscriber
Speaking of pivot points, you can also rotate the actual pivot point without moving the object, which enables you to rotate your object differently. Here's how you do it:

1) Select your object.
2) Go into component mode.
3) Click the ? on the status line. At this point, your pivot point should appear.
4) Select the pivot point.
5) Select the rotate tool.
6) Rotate the pivot point as desired.
7) Click the ? again, go into Object (regular) mode, and select the move tool again.

As you can now see, you rotate tool is positioned differently than before. Just a random piece of information.....

# 6 18-01-2005 , 08:35 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Darkware
Speaking of pivot points, you can also rotate the actual pivot point without moving the object, which enables you to rotate your object differently. Here's how you do it:

1) Select your object.
2) Go into component mode.
3) Click the ? on the status line. At this point, your pivot point should appear.
4) Select the pivot point.
5) Select the rotate tool.
6) Rotate the pivot point as desired.
7) Click the ? again, go into Object (regular) mode, and select the move tool again.

As you can now see, you rotate tool is positioned differently than before. Just a random piece of information.....

WOW!!! Like thanks man. You have saved my day.
I guess it does pay to search before posting user added image

BTW you wouldn't know what the s looking thing is for. Sometimes when I move, rotate, or scale I notice that the funny looking s thingy causes some of the vertices of an object to orbit arround that s thingy and distorts my object. The weird part is I have selected the object as a whole object. Meaning I could understand if I was selecting some of the vertices and I missed one or 2 but no I have selected as a whole. Is there a reason to this and can I stop it from doing that?

Last edited by junkyBob; 18-01-2005 at 08:46 PM.