Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 23-06-2010 , 07:19 AM

bake Animation to Layers problem

hello everyone !

this might be a very simple task for some of you, yet I just dont get it.

if you have a look at the pic I created 10 different Layers by selecting the bones andx hit create, then renamed the layers. now I imported a mocap skeleton and constrained my enveloped skeleton to it.

task/problem:
I want to bake each of the 10 simulations to the correspondent layer but I only have 2 choices in the BSO-

a) bake to new layer - which bakes the animations to all my created layers unfortunately, even when I lock all other layers.

b) bake to new layer - which bakes it to a new layer. problem is I have to bake each anim in 2 steps. (1st for hip with trans and rot; and 2nd step all other bones with rotation only)

question:

how can I proceed to bake the keys on the desired layer?
or is it not possible to bake simulation to precreated layers? do I need to bake to new layers and somehow copy and paste keys to a new one and rename it ?

thanks in advance !

Attached Images

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.
# 2 23-06-2010 , 11:25 AM
ok, after some hours of experimenting I came to the conclusion that this feature must be broken. there is absolutely no possibility to bake animations to different layers.

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.
# 3 24-06-2010 , 01:44 AM
yes...you dont sound not non double negative
no, there is a way. have seen it done.

but it was via a custom script/tool.

this is possible in xsi ( which i use ), maybe its not a one click solution in maya.

look in the mel, or python examples

level 3 luchador!

image dump