Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 12-10-2010 , 12:48 AM

Achaeon Trooper

A project I'm working on for a friend's request. This is my first attempt at making my own character from scratch. The basic idea is I'm taking the Clone Trooper from Episode III seen here, and 3 various Roman Chestplates indicating different special forces.

Variant 1: Regular Trooper
user added image

Variant 2: Veteran
user added image

Variant 3: Elite
user added image

So here's what I gots thus far:
user added image

I'm thinking that the chest plating sticks out too much, making it look overly thick and bulky to wear for practical purposes. However, I think the basic point gets across for now.

# 2 12-10-2010 , 02:37 AM
Lifetime Member
That is some NICE armour mate...wow they knew how to make the stuff didnt they?? So each trooper will have its own ranked armour?

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 3 12-10-2010 , 05:11 PM

Originally posted by bullet1968
That is some NICE armour mate...wow they knew how to make the stuff didnt they?? So each trooper will have its own ranked armour?

cheers bullet

Yea, they're going to be tough for me to replicate. And yes. Each trooper will have it's own ranked armor as shown above. Also, made some changes to the chest plate last night and added on the shoulder plating.

user added image