Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 15-07-2003 , 07:53 AM

leaving a trail

hi,
i don't know if this is supposed to go here or in the mel/programming forums, but since i'm a beginner i'll paste it here. say i have an animation of an object...for eg. a sphere...moving from one point to another...how do i leave a trail of other spheres on whatever path the original sphere travelled on. so...for eg. if my original sphere's translateX was defined as 10 * sin(time)....so the sphere will travel as a sin wave...and i want other spheres to appear on the wave as the original sphere passes through...basically "drawing" the wave on screen. thanx a lot...if i wasn't clear please say so...i will try to explain again. thanx.

# 2 15-07-2003 , 02:52 PM
The Maya Mountain
I suppose one way could be to have the sphere emit particles behind it... instance the particles with your spheres. You'd have to adjust their attributes, so once emitted, they don't move. 0 speed, and such.