Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 05-01-2003 , 04:06 PM
Kevin

Upcomming in 2003 at Simply Maya

Hi All and happy new year to all!!

Right now that christmas is over I can let you know what is up and comming at SM over the next few months..

1) Loads of SM vip tuts.... I will be opening an area on "up comming tuts" soon

2) More free movie tutorials then you can shake a stick at!! - All will now be in divx format so all the mac users can enjoy them to.

3) HTML tutorials... for all the 56 k guys! -and guys who prefer these to movies

4) CD`s for the shop! both in dvd and cd format!! - these will cover massive amounts of infomation from beginners to advanced (these are already in production)

5) More models.

6) That mel/plugin area WILL become filled lol (and with upload areas.

So stay tuned guys as this year you just watch this place become the most awesome place for maya users.

And thanks for all your support

# 2 05-01-2003 , 04:10 PM
Excellent, Kev. Looking forward to another great year with SM! Cheers, bro!

--Pete

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 3 05-01-2003 , 04:38 PM
Sounds like a great plan user added image
One question about the CDs and DVDs: Will the quality of the videos be the same or better (resolution/framerate/sound-wise) as in the VIP area?

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 4 05-01-2003 , 04:58 PM
SM Tea Boy
DVD's will be standard PAL or NTSC DV resolution's ( 720x480 (NTSC) or 720x576 (PAL). ) at 25 and 29.976 FPS respectively, we may just release NTSC format DVD's as most PAL DVD players will play back NTSC disks, this decision hasn't been made yet though so stay tuned, o and the DVD videos will have a much higher production quality than the ones for download simply because we have a lot more space to play with on a DVD.

David user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 5 05-01-2003 , 05:50 PM
Subscriber
Hi,

Any news about the simplymaya shop. I would like some of those Alias|Wavefront books, but by the time shipping is added on they are to expensive, any chance you will be selling any of these in the shop??

Ian

# 6 05-01-2003 , 06:59 PM

Originally posted by David
we may just release NTSC format DVD's as most PAL DVD players will play back NTSC disks, this decision hasn't been made yet though so stay tuned

NNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

[jedi mind trick]
You will make PAL versions
[/jedi mind trick]

# 7 05-01-2003 , 08:12 PM
Hey I was just wondering for the plugins area... Do you need files to add cause I have about a million plugins on my computer most free, some demo? Just wondering how that works cause if you need em' I have some! user added image Let me no and I can send them to you or whatever. THX

May the force be with you...always!
A Jedi shall not know anger nor hatred nor Love
The only way to live a good life is to act upon your emotions
A warrior is reborn when he has something to protect
# 8 05-01-2003 , 08:21 PM
Kevin

Originally posted by wicket
Hey I was just wondering for the plugins area... Do you need files to add cause I have about a million plugins on my computer most free, some demo? Just wondering how that works cause if you need em' I have some! user added image Let me no and I can send them to you or whatever. THX

Hey wicket that would be awesome dude!! As soon as I have spoke to dave about an upload script for this then you can upload what ones you like!!

many thx.

# 9 05-01-2003 , 08:24 PM
Kevin

Originally posted by kbrown
Sounds like a great plan user added image
One question about the CDs and DVDs: Will the quality of the videos be the same or better (resolution/framerate/sound-wise) as in the VIP area?

Hi mate

Dave has answered the questions on DVD...

On the cd versions they will be done at 800 x 600 and at twice the quality of the vip ones... this as dave says is because we have more room available.

As most of our divx ones in the vip area are 30 mins or more then the resolution has to be cut a little as the files would be huge.

But for cd we can go much higher user added image

# 10 05-01-2003 , 10:45 PM
1 question....
Is that phone number in the shop section your home phone number? Cause I can spam via the phone user added image Did I say that aloud?

How to fly:
"...aim for the ground and miss..."
# 11 05-01-2003 , 10:49 PM

Originally posted by wicket

Just to be safe, you should check the distribution rights on some of those plugins. Even though the plugins may be free, some authors don't allow distribution on websites without their permission. Don't want to get SM into any legal troubles.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 12 06-01-2003 , 12:05 AM
SM Tea Boy

Originally posted by dannyngan
Just to be safe, you should check the distribution rights on some of those plugins. Even though the plugins may be free, some authors don't allow distribution on websites without their permission. Don't want to get SM into any legal troubles.

Ya we contact the authors b4 we post anything and get there permission

and DD no its our office number

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 13 06-01-2003 , 12:39 AM
ah cool, Dimply Maya office employee's here I come user added image

How to fly:
"...aim for the ground and miss..."
# 14 07-01-2003 , 09:17 PM

Originally posted by David
DVD's will be standard PAL or NTSC DV resolution's ( 720x480 (NTSC) or 720x576 (PAL). ) at 25 and 29.976 FPS respectively, we may just release NTSC format DVD's as most PAL DVD players will play back NTSC disks, this decision hasn't been made yet though so stay tuned, o and the DVD videos will have a much higher production quality than the ones for download simply because we have a lot more space to play with on a DVD.

David user added image

Am I right in thinking that the CDs (800x600) will be higher resolution than the DVD versions ?