Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 31 29-05-2007 , 06:27 PM
The Maya Mountain
So, I've a question for you guys. Considering this challenge was to end in just a couple days and several people are just now getting their UVs completed, would you like more time? The textures should be the main focus of the challenge afterall, not the UVs (although very important).

Just curious. I want you guys to all have entries you can be proud of.

# 32 29-05-2007 , 06:50 PM
I'm pretty much done with mine but I'm totally okay with lengthening the deadline to give others time to finish. Good idea mtmckinley.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 33 29-05-2007 , 07:43 PM
Subscriber
Wouldn't mind a few more days to explore all the venues made possible through the hard and mindboggling labour of UV'ing. Namely Alpha, colour, spec and bump. For me the challenge is complete, but doesn't stop here no matter where you set the deadline haha. I've UV mapped something fully and I am so glad I did, meaning it's all fun from here on.
But I hear you. It'd be nice to have time to leave an endresult to be more proud of, and something that is more flattering to the great base models provided to us.

It's also great fun to see all the nice designs the participants are coming up with.

What a long way to say, I'm easy.

Currently working on reclaiming Space
The Salvation Prophecy
# 34 29-05-2007 , 09:10 PM

Originally posted by mtmckinley
So, I've a question for you guys. Considering this challenge was to end in just a couple days and several people are just now getting their UVs completed, would you like more time? The textures should be the main focus of the challenge afterall, not the UVs (although very important).

Just curious. I want you guys to all have entries you can be proud of.

I'd personally like more time to work on it, but my plane's taking off tomorrow, so I'd be out of luck, but feel free to give the other users more time; I'd still love to see more from AlphaFlyte, for one :p

Any chance a "finals" thread could be put up, even if you do give the other users more time? I'd still like to be able to put up whatever I can get done in my last day. user added image

And just in case you didn't see my Spain thread in the Lounge, would you like any specific pictures of anything from Spain, Mike? user added image

# 35 30-05-2007 , 08:22 AM
Subscriber
I feel I`m almost done so .......

# 36 30-05-2007 , 09:18 AM

Completed challege

I'm almost done - will finish off tonight.
I will rather have a new challenge earlier next month than have the current challenge extended.

Laugh and the world laughs with you - Weep and you weep alone.

Visit my gallery at : https://www.vuurstorm.co.za
# 37 30-05-2007 , 11:45 AM
The Maya Mountain
Well, I'm out of town the rest of this week, so I'll just extend it through this weekend.

June 4th is the deadline!

The Final Entry threads are now up though, so feel free to post your finals at any time.

# 38 05-06-2007 , 06:06 AM
Subscriber
damn, work kept me away from finishing my canister...

hope to be up for the next run...

curious,

Badger