Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 05-04-2005 , 02:38 PM
Subscriber

HOW TO ADD SOUND TO MY AVI??? WHAT TO DO NOW???

Hello everyone. Well, i am about to render some avi files with some of my models shown rotating in it! but i want to know how can i do the following:

1) How to add sound to my avi file?

2) How to give a fading out/ fading in effect in between scene changes?

3) How to add a text logo (which constantly stays on the top of my avi file so that noone else can take advantage of it).

4) How to add numberings in the begining and at the end of the file, displaying my name and credits?

Well i guess all these things can be done using a software called adobe premier. If not than please suggest anything else which has to be used for the above effects.

Also it would be really helpfull if anyone can give me the link of any site having free tutorials of adobe premier covering the above subjects.

Thanks,
Peace,
Gautam.

# 2 05-04-2005 , 05:06 PM
Subscriber
Yeah these things have nothing to do with maya your looking at a compositing software like after effects should be pretty straight forward to add all the stuff in but then again I have been exposed to video editing in Avid so I find most other editing packages easy

# 3 05-04-2005 , 09:25 PM
could you use Sony Vegas to add effects to the movies?

# 4 09-04-2005 , 11:56 PM
Virtual Dub Mod is a good solution for the sound.I'm not so sure about adding a text but Ulead Video Studio can do that too as well as fade in and out.These are the simple "user frendly" ones,Adobe AfterFX is the PRO tool.

# 5 11-04-2005 , 03:49 PM
Subscriber
I'd say Adobe Premiere or After Effects as the way to go, I have experience with Premiere and its very good. If you have Premiere, the help files will tell you the answer to all of your questions. I found the help files to be very good, and helped me to put together my major project and showreel.

LisaG user added image

When in doubt......smile!

https://www.x-menthelaststand.com/
# 6 11-04-2005 , 07:56 PM
Subscriber
tecone, depends on the effect but I use vegas 5.0 and find it to be quit nice.

Vdub is great also. I consider it a must acualy becouse SOME video app's will not let you encode audio right with the video in MP3 at 128kbps or higher. I use Vdub to change frame rates and to put a Divx video stream and mp3 audio stream togather. ( after rendering them out sepratly in Vegas )