Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 29-03-2009 , 06:23 PM
Subscriber

Removing UV layout?

I did a UV layout of my sea creature and went to attempt painting and realized just how SLOPPY my layout was. So after weeks of contemplating I finally decided I should redo the UV's and spend some actual time on laying them out.

My question is, can I remove the previous UV's that I have sitting in my UV editor? Or am I pretty much stuck with these UV's? I hope I can redo them.

# 2 29-03-2009 , 06:26 PM
Subscriber
nevermind, didn't notice that under Polygons in the UV interface that there was a "Delete UV's" option

# 3 29-03-2009 , 09:33 PM
The Nurb Herd
you could also just planar/etc map them again, you don't have to delete them.

# 4 29-03-2009 , 09:52 PM
Subscriber
thanks for that info, I'm just going with a fresh start though. I'll keep that in mind when I lay out uv's on another project and rush through them the first time and have to go back and redo them, haha.

# 5 13-09-2014 , 05:51 AM
I had to necro this tread just to thank you. So simple to delete them, yet I checked everywhere else but in the first menu.