Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 18-04-2003 , 08:39 PM

UV mapping Problem

Hi guys just wondering if any one can help me sort out a problem I am having with UV mapping in Polys and / or sub d's.

If you look at the image below you can see the problem the uvs appear to be bunched up togther and the texture is distorting as a result. What is the easiest way to fix this?

Thanks for any help and pointers you can give me

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 2 18-04-2003 , 09:28 PM
Just pull out the uv's in the editor to get them to spread apart and match the rest...

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 18-04-2003 , 09:39 PM
hmmm that's what I thought, I did try but I've resorted to to mapping again I have been at this all day and I really do think I hate UV mapping!!!! user added image

thanks for the reply though

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB