Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 16 05-12-2004 , 11:33 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore

# 17 05-12-2004 , 12:21 PM
Subscriber
thanks! i just registered.user added image

here's a new shot of the model with legs that have been tapered off a tad bit more. user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 18 18-12-2004 , 03:15 PM
Subscriber
here's my WIP of kurt's ninja tutorial. i modified the face a bit to reflect a more angry face. user added image i also took some liberties with the modeling process by not really following every step vertex per vertex, in order for me to get the flow on my own pretty much based on kurt's fundamentals. although i do have to admit my wires are miles from being as complex or as intricate as his.

thanks kurt. having a blast with your tutorial. your techniques are pure genius! user added image

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by deryk; 18-12-2004 at 03:18 PM.
# 19 18-12-2004 , 03:23 PM
Subscriber
Damn thats nice, a very big improvment! :tup:

Watch Space Wars at www.3dden.co.uk now!

My pin number is XXXX
# 20 18-12-2004 , 04:18 PM
Subscriber

very

you are right RC, a very big improvment, well done deryk.

Dae

"I THINK, THEREFORE I AM"
René Descartes

www.mvorster.co.uk
# 21 18-12-2004 , 05:07 PM
Subscriber
thanks you guys. hope to add the lower limbs soon.

dae, sorry i forgot to credit you for adopting the color tone of your test renders for the character body in your space opera WIP. the grayish-goldish colors just really looked nice, prompting me to use them. user added image

# 22 18-12-2004 , 07:21 PM

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 23 18-12-2004 , 09:44 PM
Subscriber
NitroLiq:

oops sorry about that! thanks for the reminder! user added image

with regard to the model:

i plan on redoing the face quite a bit to suit my preference. another thing is that i plan to keep this low poly, unsmoothed, for the reason that my pc can't handle working with really complex models. in my case, maya slows down big time when i convert that model to sub-d's, so i can't really go high-res on this thing. user added image everything then will be as low poly as possible, most probably under 9000 polys, to give it a game engine feel.

but hey, if metal gear solid 3 and final fantasy xii can dish out cinematic cutscenes using engine-powered graphics, then i'm not complaining. user added image

# 24 19-12-2004 , 03:09 PM
Subscriber
here's a the body, pretty much finished. i decided to try to model the thigh and attach it to the body for practice. the lower leg i plan to texture as a boot since i plan to instead have this guy wearing some sort of a body suit with some loose garments over it.

here's a shot of the body, in sub-d's:
user added image

and a shot of the back, also in sub-d's:
user added image

as i've posted here before, working with this guy in sub-d form really is a pain (my pc starts to run real slow). so i plan to optimize him for a game model. how do i do this? right now, he's pushing around 11000 tri's, which is way over the limit.

btw, would kurt's frog texturing tutorial be appropriate for learning to properly texture this guy, given that he's composed of so many polys? user added image

# 25 19-12-2004 , 03:18 PM
Subscriber
Nice work, the only crits I have is that his hands are a little big and his feet/boots are slightly too boxy.

Watch Space Wars at www.3dden.co.uk now!

My pin number is XXXX
# 26 21-12-2004 , 10:16 AM
Nice work, i agree with Rubber.

Helder Real

weld some pixels !!!