Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 30-07-2006 , 02:09 AM
Subscriber

need help

I am trying to merge polygon vertices and it's not working any idea what I am doing wrong? I have adjusted the distance from .005 to .050 to .5 all the way to 10 and they will not merge into one altho in feedback box it says it merged.. :headbang:

# 2 30-07-2006 , 03:45 AM
I had the same problem.only way to fix. set the merge option small as you can. like 000001 or just default to 1.0000. than you must bring the 2 vertices (that you want merge together) very close to eachother. if you select a vertex from top of you model and other at the bottom of your model and you want merge them . it doesn't work. only way try this one, bring the vertex close .very close ,select the first vertex and press v to snap the vertex to the otherone and when you pres the v(keyboard)just drag the vertex to the top of otherone or every other vertx .than it will snaped. than select the twoo vertex(when they snaped) and click merge vertex. that is it. I hoop that help you.

:bow:
# 3 11-09-2006 , 07:27 AM
Subscriber
It used to automatically merge them when the tool was used.
you way works but it's not how it used to work which is what i am trying to get back to. I think this way could throw off the symmetry

# 4 19-09-2006 , 06:19 AM
Subscriber
found the answer.. you have to Combine both poly shapes first before that will work