Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 16 13-04-2007 , 08:53 PM
Subscriber
I was looking at the evo as suggest, I'm testing all the cars and I'm probably going to see which ones are going to be hard or easy.

test 1, MISTU EVO VIII

Very hard car for beginners yet you can really learn a lot of cool techniques.

Problem 1
Hoods not complete and ive been modeling it for about an hour. either the tut will be real long if i went with this car or id have to make a few gos at it to get it so that I will not take as long.

The hoods not finished, its just a start lol still needs more rows and tweeking esp the crease in the middle

I will do the 69 camero when i get time after i do the hood and fender of the evo.

Attached Thumbnails

Toyota Supra WIP

I create feeling in others that they themseleves don’t understand.
# 17 13-04-2007 , 08:54 PM
Subscriber
haha i didn't to the mesh grill also, that will be cool to show ppl how thats done

Heres a wire so far but again, needs more work

Attached Thumbnails

Toyota Supra WIP

# 18 14-04-2007 , 05:16 AM
Subscriber
yay a evo \o/ , good choice my friend good choice

hoods lookin good so far man

# 19 14-04-2007 , 06:23 PM
nice work so far i still have some more cars to suggest, i just saw a volvo commercial i think it was for the c 30 the hatchback and it looked pretty good to me and also the vw jetta is a nice car or how about an suv like the new tahoe or land rover

# 20 15-04-2007 , 10:55 AM
Subscriber
ahhhhhhh dude, im so made. I burned out my processor and I have no job lol. No computer for a while lol and now i gotta find out how much that processor was. Damn thats the problem with having powerful desktop processors in a laptop lol

@young, the jetta is a top choice of mines as well as the gallant. I saw one in person and wow it impressed me esp for a 4 door car. i think the taillights because of the clear case, it looked pretty cool. Also the land rover is a great idea as well as an escalade

Toyota Supra WIP

# 21 15-04-2007 , 10:57 AM
Gutted man!

If its a desktop processor in a laptop then it should be cheaper than a top end laptop processor in a laptop, which is some consolation

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 22 15-04-2007 , 11:23 AM
Subscriber
yey lol hopefully. damn alienwares lmao

Toyota Supra WIP

# 23 16-04-2007 , 03:43 AM
I mainly got an alienware case so I could stick a couple aditional fans in it to keep my system cool.

My computer litterally runs about half-as-cool as my previous computer did. The old one typically ran at about 60 celsius, and when it got really worked up from me doing 3d work, or blowing s--- up in UT2004, it got to around 85 celsius. Now, with an alienware case and two extra 60 mm fans, it runs at about 27-35 celsius, and the worst I've seen it when it gets worked up was about 47 celsius...

Still, that's cooler than how cool my previous system ran, when it was just running; not doing anything (did that last sentence make sense? user added image )

# 24 17-04-2007 , 02:31 AM
that sucks hopefully you will find a replacement processor soon.

# 25 17-04-2007 , 02:47 AM
Subscriber
i know. this feels funny, i was so used to using my 1920x1400 resolution lol i got used to my 3 gb of ram and 3.8 mghz processor lol but now im using my old desktop with 1gb of ram, 1024x768 lol (well ay least simply maya wont get mad now that i can post normal render sizes lol) and a 2.2 ghz wow this stinks. i got used to lux and now im back to old school lol

anways i was looking at the galant 380 and the 06 eclipse. fond some bps, real nice ones and they have good shapes

Toyota Supra WIP

# 26 17-04-2007 , 03:04 AM
Lifetime Member
Caterham R400 ..coolest car on the planet

Well it is if you were born in Caterham like myself user added image

Last edited by jsprogg; 17-04-2007 at 03:06 AM.
# 27 30-04-2007 , 06:55 PM
hi dude,
how about a porsche carrera gt? or a KIA Kue?
and about render job you'd mentioned; what exactly do you need? maybe I can help you

Attached Images
# 28 23-05-2007 , 07:54 AM
sorry to but in but if i had the skill to make a car i would be making the' A C Cobra its a piece of beauty.

# 29 08-06-2007 , 06:01 PM
Subscriber
Hi guys,

With all the available cars, and always the exotic ones getting modeled, why not make a 2007 Audi RS4 Avant or Cabrio.
There's a challenge no ?
And a VERY pretty car!!!

gr
M

Bought a new mouse today, Logitech MX Revolution: it ROCKS!

too_tough_to_die@mac.com (AIM)
Always up for a chat !
# 30 03-07-2007 , 06:51 AM
Alienware is probably not the best pc to keep for the long haul, but if you can keep it running, then it's a pretty good brand to run with- assuming you can attach the fan from your carburetur to your pc. user added image

Whatever car you decide to do, make one with common problems for most cars like grills and airscoops(I think thats what they're called....)

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman

Last edited by AnthonyCg; 03-07-2007 at 06:59 AM.