Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 23-03-2007 , 12:07 PM
Subscriber

removing occlusion render

hey guys, for the past couple of weeks i been rendering with occlusion render for my material shader... the problem is when i just want to render it with another material or whatever the occlusion render is still on and i get funny renders, my question is how can i take it off?

thanks,

marlon

# 2 23-03-2007 , 07:28 PM
what technique are you using for the occlusion render?

# 3 23-03-2007 , 09:47 PM
Subscriber
ived just simply gone into initialshadinggroup --> mentalray --> and then in material shaders i just added it in there.

did that anwser your question edward?

# 4 23-03-2007 , 09:58 PM
Yeap, but soprry I can't help you then, I don't do it that way; I just dump everything into a render layer and then under presets, pick occlusion. Then to get rid of the occlusion render, just delete the render layer.

# 5 24-03-2007 , 04:49 AM

Originally posted by marlonjohn
ived just simply gone into initialshadinggroup --> mentalray --> and then in material shaders i just added it in there.

did that anwser your question edward?

I think I do it the same way you do.
Go in to hypershade so you can see all material attributes.
Klick on the material which has the occusion texture.
Press Delete.

That worked for me, I think.