Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 16 28-07-2007 , 01:10 PM

Originally posted by Weyu
Isnt there one sort of bananas that is completely straight like that?

But I guess that you should do some beginner modeling tutorials for polygon or nurbs, make them and you can make a banana before you know it.

Best of luck!user added image

Plantain...

# 17 28-07-2007 , 01:25 PM
Subscriber
what are you going to do with your banana?? no doubt you are making a fruit bowl.., i mean thats where an artist might start, correct?

you got to be kidding right.., I mean it has to be what everyone is thinking.., or they are completely bamboozled by Maya too much to notice? this IS a joke.

if not (???) you should not be messing with nurbs and doing organics yet.., sure there is no rule, but you would be better off learning the tools with polys. (or get medical assistance user added image )

take it easy and life will be easy
# 18 28-07-2007 , 02:36 PM

Originally posted by mirek03
what are you going to do with your banana?? no doubt you are making a fruit bowl.., i mean thats where an artist might start, correct?

you got to be kidding right.., I mean it has to be what everyone is thinking.., or they are completely bamboozled by Maya too much to notice? this IS a joke.

if not (???) you should not be messing with nurbs and doing organics yet.., sure there is no rule, but you would be better off learning the tools with polys. (or get medical assistance user added image )

i did the banana with poly cylinder....not with nurbs...
and yes, i want to make a fruit bowl, i already learned to make the bowl...preaty easy...user added image

The menus were changed in maya 8, its all in the polygons menuset in the create uv and edit uv menus]

i treid to do it to but couldn't make it user added image
maybe someone want to help me on the MSN :bow:

# 19 28-07-2007 , 05:59 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
just goto polygons in the drop down menu, by the shelf(the thing with all the icons in it)

# 20 28-07-2007 , 07:42 PM

Originally posted by mastone
just goto polygons in the drop down menu, by the shelf(the thing with all the icons in it)

i found everything, i could make it up to snapshot, and stack in the all thing with the photoshop and back to maya...

# 21 29-07-2007 , 11:06 AM
Subscriber
umm?? OK!?

good luck user added image a fruit bowl is a challenge.., lighting, shaders, mapping, textures, ect.., down load a few of the free tuts here.

MSN..?? well.., err.., im sure someone will pick up the invitation.., but in my experience with MSN.., at times one can get a ot moire than they expected.., i mean, one never REALLY knows who they are talking to., personally, I would stick to the tuts on line here for free.

# 22 29-07-2007 , 03:12 PM

Originally posted by mirek03
umm?? OK!?

good luck user added image a fruit bowl is a challenge.., lighting, shaders, mapping, textures, ect.., down load a few of the free tuts here.

MSN..?? well.., err.., im sure someone will pick up the invitation.., but in my experience with MSN.., at times one can get a ot moire than they expected.., i mean, one never REALLY knows who they are talking to., personally, I would stick to the tuts on line here for free.

i tried some tuts that i found but always stack in the part of puting the snapshot in the photoshop and back to maya...

# 23 29-07-2007 , 07:58 PM
i don't know what's wrong with my maya...
in the hypershade, i choose blinn, i'm putting a file, and in the UV texture editor i can't see the photo that i choosed...

# 24 29-07-2007 , 08:00 PM
sorry, here's the pic:

Attached Thumbnails
# 25 29-07-2007 , 08:07 PM
have you applied the material to the object.

Also how areyou going to apply the map in the UV editor, move the UV to mach the image?

I owuld make a UV snapshot and then paint the map in photoshop, but whatever suits you.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 26 29-07-2007 , 08:42 PM

Originally posted by gster123
have you applied the material to the object.

Also how areyou going to apply the map in the UV editor, move the UV to mach the image?

I owuld make a UV snapshot and then paint the map in photoshop, but whatever suits you.

i followed every step and step in this tut :
https://www.digitaltutors.com/digital...ideo.php?v=156

# 27 30-07-2007 , 12:04 AM
have you pressed 6 to see textures?

# 28 30-07-2007 , 12:30 AM

Originally posted by arran
have you pressed 6 to see textures?

still not working

# 29 30-07-2007 , 12:45 AM
and you've definitely applied the material to the object? - back click on the shader in the hypershade and do select objects with material to make sure. as gster said i would paint the texture in photoshop - i don't think it will look too good the way you have the uvs at the moment.

# 30 30-07-2007 , 10:37 AM
Subscriber
I only mentioned MSN as strange because I sometimes get the strangest mail from people here, new people, asking for all sorts of things.., some are normal and some make no sense at all.., quiet uncomfortable actually.

good luck with the model, the texture file is rather impressive.., better than I could do user added image