Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 07-08-2007 , 08:42 AM

Help please - using ramp shader as a bump map.

Hi,

I'm working through a tutorial and my attempt is not working as it should. Basically, in the hypershade window, you create a ramp shader for the colour gradient, and then use a copy of the same ramp to bump map noise onto the tooth. This should result in straight, vertical styrations that gradually fade out.

Mine don't though - they appear to spiral somewhat, and there is an obvious seam on one side. Shouldn't it be seamless, given that it is a gradient in the V direction (starting from the bottom up, all the way around)? Also, shouldn't it be straight? It is in the tutorial video.

Here's an image.

thanks,

gubar.

Attached Images
# 2 07-08-2007 , 08:56 AM
Jr.Who
Maybe it’s because you’re rendering with Maya Hardware, instead of Maya Software.
user added image

# 3 07-08-2007 , 09:12 AM
Thanks for replying to yet another of my posts,

Just tried it with software, hardware and mental ray - same result unfortunately. Any other ideas?

cheers,

gubar.

# 4 07-08-2007 , 10:50 AM
Jr.Who
I don’t know what’s going on…… I hope someone else can help you. It could help others help you if you posted a pic of the shader network.
user added image