Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 15-12-2010 , 06:57 AM
SM Tea Boy

Transformers Dark of the Moon

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 2 15-12-2010 , 10:50 AM
Lifetime Member
1st one was good...second was more for the action...this?? hhmmmmm undecided David. It certainly looks dark...so hopefully they dont steer back towards the younger market and keep it adult, it maye have a chance.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 3 15-12-2010 , 11:31 AM
Head of 3d Admedia
looks good but no megan fox

# 4 15-12-2010 , 05:44 PM
EduSciVis-er

looks good but no megan fox

Thank goodness... she looks alright, but whenever she opens her mouth, it's like the movies shrivel into suckitude. "Sam! Sam!" user added image

I wonder if Pink Floyd will provide the soundtrack.

# 5 21-12-2010 , 09:39 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
I really hated the first one, I'm glad I saw it only on dvd - it was fx for fx sake, so I didnt bother with the second, this one is just an insult in my opinion to the guys that went to the moon, its just such a lame idea. It stands alongside all the crap conspiracy theories of did they or didnt they go to the moon too - no respect.

I'll not be bothering with this either - in case I wasnt very clear...LOL

Jay

# 6 21-12-2010 , 10:31 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
hey Jay obviously the story was always going to be kind of silly but you have to watch devastator transform if nothing else that was the highlight of the movie for me

# 7 21-12-2010 , 11:17 PM
Lifetime Member
You are sounding like me Jay...LOL....

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 8 22-12-2010 , 10:47 AM
Subscriber
it is strange though... if they saw transformers on the moon why didn't tell tell optimus?

"yo optimus, man. There's some of your enemies on the moon... you should go do something about it...."

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 9 22-12-2010 , 11:14 AM
Lifetime Member
Then they wouldt have a story...it would spoil it chirone LOL. Probably along the conspiracy lines as well...you know our technology came from outer spppaaacccceeeee....thats where we got microwave pocorn man!

cheers bullet

bullet1968

# 10 22-12-2010 , 12:41 PM
Subscriber
These films blow - wonderful CG yes - acting and story = zero.

Bay is a prize d£$%, first messes with bubblebee and the look of OP, then kills off 2 of the best transformers ever (Jazz/Ravage), uses fan fav transformers so little that there was very little point in ever having them spend all those hours re-deigning them (Soundwave, Arcee), then tells us Dinobots will never happen because of scale issues but a giant scorpion is OK, and chucks in two hill billy raciest as hell useless pink and green crapheads.

No I will not seeing this - as a ture fan of transformers - I have to say no

One film series I would love to see rebooted

# 11 22-12-2010 , 02:00 PM
Subscriber
i thought the reason why he wasn't making dinobots was because it wouldn't make sense (and in a way it really didn't make sense) because dinosaurs are extinct and its not really good hiding...

but yeah, it sucks that soundwave and arcee are nothing but cameo... i heard he didnt put arcee in the first movie because she is a female robot and it didnt make sense to him...

i also heard he's too chicken s*** to ask leonard nemoy to voice galvatron like he did in the original 80's movie because he's so famous. hell, ive not seen star trek ever (and never plan to) i know who he is... but still... pretty wussy really...

oh well... everyone is about pleasing the general crowd who isn't familiar with the cartoon or game or book thats being made into a movie, not the fans.

Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
# 12 22-12-2010 , 03:14 PM
Lifetime Member
Bring back Orson Wells to do Unicron, now THERES a transformer... Anyone else out there wish they had made the Transformers 'Transform' more like the cartoon and toys did?? All those thousands of bits of metall all jiggling about until they fit seamlessly together to look like a car is definately more complicated but is it better? In the first movie for example, that cell phone that turns into a little whirring ball of death, wielding chain guns and so forth is kinda cool but MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL....
Didnt they crash here on earth and use bits of what was lying around to repair themselves? Isn't Optimus Primes chest ACTUALLY the cab of a prime mover? I will watch this movie and I will enjoy it, but my issue with this issue detracts from the experience... anyone else agree?

Learn from others mistakes, it takes too long to make them all yourself.

Last edited by 3dStudent; 22-12-2010 at 03:16 PM.
# 13 22-12-2010 , 06:10 PM
Subscriber

i thought the reason why he wasn't making dinobots was because it wouldn't make sense (and in a way it really didn't make sense) because dinosaurs are extinct and its not really good hiding...

And hillbilly bots do ????

There was a fan based comic floating around saying that the dinobots went after shockwave and after crashing on earth had a big fight and ended up in some tar pits. Once found there transforming nodes were messed up and were stuck in the two forms they had dino/robo. Was not a fan of the style or look of the dinobots in that but the concept was fine.

But this is way to close for the 80`s comic book for Bayatron to use.

And don`t forget Galvatron is Megatron

Oh and can we plz have Sam Woodern actor killed in this one - its called transformers not humformer - way too many humans in it for my liking.

"Orson Wells to do Unicron" again" - I dont think even Bay has the power to bring back the dead there.

Last edited by tweetytunes; 22-12-2010 at 06:13 PM.
# 14 22-12-2010 , 08:30 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Well everybody knows that when Mr Bay makes a movie it will be all about special effects, I would love to see Guillermo Del Toro ( spelled right?) direct and produce a transformer movie.....
I really like the style his movies have ( watch pan's Labyrinth /hellboy 2)

# 15 22-12-2010 , 08:36 PM
Subscriber
hillbillys exist in america dont they? that's where they originated from isn't it? are they are still around? i don't know... i've only heard about such things...

i was kind of expecting megatron to come back as galvatron but i guess he doesn't like explaining stuff..

and yeah... it would be nice if humans had less of a role... seems like the transformers are closer to cameo appearances than main roles...