Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 76 08-07-2007 , 06:04 PM
Subscriber
Hello again folks,

thanks for your thoughts on my site.

Dave: if there was an easy way to do the light diffuse thing I'd give it a go, any ideas?

Mirek: I said that I'd bear it in mind for the future not just consider it, I always appreciate and take on board any info or true crit that I recieve from people to use in the future.

Anyway.... it's been a few days since I updated this as I've been busy doing other stuff but I've finally made a start on the second character..... DEATH...... Mwahh Ha Ha Ha Ha!!! ( felt a little maniacal laughted was needed there!).

I've pretty much got the skull sorted, it still needs the teeth and some major tweaking and then I'll set to giving it a bit of character before starting on the upper neck, collarbones and cloak.

Cheers again,

Mat.

Attached Thumbnails
# 77 08-07-2007 , 06:06 PM
Subscriber
very nice ..it looks good to me ...with detail probably look like even better .if you need photo references i can give you x girlfriend pics mwaaaaaaaaah

I never seen death so pretty lol

# 78 08-07-2007 , 10:19 PM
nice skull mat, I can see the characteristics in it already - sunken eyesockets and pinched mouth user added image

Si

Examples of bTraffic - a traffic animation tool for Maya
bFlocking - a tool for Maya 8.5+ to generate flocking and swarming behaviours
Jan/Feb Challenge 2007 Entry and W.I.P
May/Jun Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Mar/Apr Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Jan/Feb Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Nov/Dec Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Sep/Oct Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Jul/Aug Challenge 2005 Entry
www.flash-fx.net
# 79 09-07-2007 , 02:05 AM
Subscriber
user added image

take it easy and life will be easy

Last edited by mirek03; 09-07-2007 at 02:08 AM.
# 80 09-07-2007 , 02:27 AM
Subscriber
) well they push the point home to me at uni.., its just SO important, I didnt mean to push you to make myself sound 'grand.' .., just all the crit was about visuals and I thought this had something to do with audio and lyp sync.., my mistake. production is only 50% visuals after all,

someone needs to make the point strongly.., danger is, put your head up and it gets shot at user added image

whatever, this might be easier to remember than frequencies. (no need to reply unless you feel to, I dont stand on formalities)

Attached Thumbnails

# 81 09-07-2007 , 05:43 AM
Hey Mat

Looking good, if you would have droped me a line you could have used my death from the challenge a while back!

Looking good mate, intregued as the what the story lines going to be

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 82 13-07-2007 , 06:43 AM
Subscriber
Cheers for the offer Steve but I need to do this one myself (when it comes to rendering though I may call for help!!).

I've had a few days off from this but got stuck into it today and have managed to get a large chunk of the DEATH figure sorted.

He's not finished yet but You'll be able to see the direction that I'm heading with him, I think that he'll work well with Nell.

Thinking ahead he'll be a piece of cake to rig after Nell but I think that I may have my work cut out with colouring him in.

Cheers for your thoughts,

Mat.

Attached Thumbnails
# 83 13-07-2007 , 09:26 AM
looking good mat, the teeth have finished the head off nicely.
The hands look a bit small when on the body but it depends what you'll be doing with them user added image

Si

Jan/Feb Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Nov/Dec Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Sep/Oct Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Jul/Aug Challenge 2005 Entry
www.flash-fx.net
# 84 31-07-2007 , 11:27 PM
Subscriber
Hello again folks,

it's been a while I know.... weddings and christenings to attend, visiting family, getting ill etc.... but the fun's over now and my shoulder's back against the proverbial grindstone to get this project prepared before the new academic year.

So a quick summery is in order I think...

I've finished the DEATH model and he is now fully rigged although the texturing needs a lot of work but I I can get around to that later. I'll make a walkthrough of the rig soon.

The attached image shows the start of one of the main sets, a hospital ward. This is where Nell will first encounter DEATH. It's very basic at the moment but detail will develop as I progress.

More updates will follow soon.

Cheers,

Mat.

Attached Thumbnails
# 85 01-08-2007 , 12:35 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Hi, man looks promising is it a project you will do with others at your school, or is it a private project?
KUTGW

# 86 01-08-2007 , 02:20 AM
Hey Mat,

Sorry about dropping off the map for a little while there - busy with work and a few pc issues. You have made loads of progress since I was last here - you must model in ya sleep user added image

I really like Death (I'm talking about your character btw). I'm looking forward to seeing him rigged / painted! The hospital ward has a gothic feel to it. Do you plan to have a bright clinical scene or a dark scarey one?

Balloons, potty mouthed little girl, death, hospital, even a piece of cake - the mind boggles user added image

KUTGW
Dave

PS: I just ordered a new quad core with a bunch of ram so when it comes time for the rendering - just let me know...user added image

"If you think you can or if you think you can't....... you're right!"
- Henry Ford.

KickarZ Studios
# 87 01-08-2007 , 05:46 AM
Subscriber
death is looking very stylistically like.., Tim Burton's work 'the night before Christmas, Edward sissor hands, ect.'

I like Tim's work, he has made a big influence on contemporary cinema, and you too by the looks of it.

excellent modeling.

# 88 01-08-2007 , 04:45 PM
Subscriber
Cheers for your thoughts,

mastone: I have to do this project on my own, I do have other group projects to do next year aswell which is why I'm getting as much of this done before I go back to university.

Dave: No worries, I hope work is good and your PC is now behaving. As far as the feel of the scene goes, I want a darker feel to the hospital, no where near as bleak as the Tell Tale Heart set but getting there.

Mirek: The style of Tim Burtons work is a huge influence on how I want this animation to look, hopefully it'll work out ok!

I've made some headway with the ward, the beds and chairs are from the Tell Tale Heart (adjusted to suit), and the lights and curtain rails I made for this scene. Still so much to do with so little time!

Attached Thumbnails
# 89 01-08-2007 , 04:59 PM
Coming along really nicely man!

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 90 01-08-2007 , 05:30 PM
its developing fast mat, looking forward to seeing more user added image

Si