Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 17-11-2008 , 01:29 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore

Not a Fan...

...but the new Star Trek movie looks promising. It look like it harks back to the old tv series in places from when I was a kid, and they even kept the uniforms!! And is that Lt. Uhura getting her kit off?

some nice matte work going on there. check out both trailers.

https://www.apple.com/trailers/paramo..._trailer2.html

Jay

# 2 17-11-2008 , 01:43 PM
sweet biscuits! I want to watch that! I dont usually like star trek that much, but this seems to be taking itself seriously which makes me happy but probably pisses off the fans a bit, the original star trek is super cheesey.

FX supervisor - double negative
# 3 17-11-2008 , 02:27 PM
Subscriber
Yeah saw the trailer, looks awesome!

Kinda give a feeling that they tryed to modernize and make a bit more realistic feeling to the ST universe, which i find verry cool! Can't wait to see the movie!

# 4 17-11-2008 , 02:56 PM
Indeed. Im not a trekkie for sure with all the tv spin offs over the years its a bit much, but a huge Star wars fan I am, and yet I find that has disappointed me of late, with Georges new this and that, wot a crock!

Anyway ST looks good and I sures hell am going to see it next year. I love the sequences here with Kirk as a kid, looking wild. When I firs saw the trailer I was just totally taken aback by the fact of the bike hovering, such a nice contrast with that and the old car (stingray?) nice touch. I like those kinds of details.

And the VFX look good....ILM coming thru there, lets hope its not a case of visuals over story...it seems to be the case for a lot of films downfalls these days

Jay

# 5 17-11-2008 , 04:10 PM

Originally posted by Jay
lets hope its not a case of visuals over story...it seems to be the case for a lot of films downfalls these days

Jay

Exactly dude, quoted for total agreement.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 6 17-11-2008 , 09:26 PM
woo hoo! star trek!! - that looked great - though actually thought the bit with the kid looked a bit silly (sorry jay user added image ), but yeah - very exciting - glad to see that they are taking it the next level - let's go!

# 7 18-11-2008 , 01:00 AM
LOL Arran np mate.

Jay

# 8 18-11-2008 , 01:31 AM
Subscriber
is that the guy who plays Sylar from heroes as the dude with the pointy ears?

i don't know star trek... only know the two phrasses "beam me up scotty" and "live long and prosper" and that hand gester thingy...

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 9 18-11-2008 , 01:50 AM
yup indeed it is Zachary Quinto as the legendary Mr.Spock

_J

# 10 18-11-2008 , 07:38 PM
Level 32 pachyderm

Originally posted by Chirone
is that the guy who plays Sylar from heroes as the dude with the pointy ears?

i don't know star trek... only know the two phrasses "beam me up scotty" and "live long and prosper" and that hand gester thingy...

actually beam me up scotty was never said on the show... (you should watch QI more)

is it true that simon pegg is going to play the captain? I cant imagine him doing a serious role

# 11 18-11-2008 , 11:25 PM
No Chris Pine is Captain Kirk, Simon Pegg is Scotty, he's shave the goatee off and dyed his hair black

_J

# 12 18-11-2008 , 11:40 PM
Level 32 pachyderm
Having watched the trailer i can say there will be a lot of p*ssed off classic trek fans on the release day....

looks good though but i still cant see simon pegg in something other than a comedy

# 13 21-11-2008 , 04:39 PM
Subscriber
doesn't seem to amuse me kinda ... i blame those ears user added image

STARWARS forever! haha!