Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 02-04-2017 , 09:51 PM

Maya 2017 Lagging

Good day

I have been using maya for 5 years and I am encountering this issue for the first time. I have a rather heavy object (about 300k poly). I exported it and import it back into a clean scene as .obj. Selecting faces, duplicating faces and so on is taking forever (I am talking about 4 seconds to switch to face mode and 30 seconds for face selections, and 15 minutes for face duplication). I have the Nissan GTR of computers (i7 Extreme OC, saber-tooth motherboard, 64 gb of ram and dual titan X GPU OC and 1 TB SSHD). Even with all that raw power maya is giving me a hard time with the 3d model. No history, no transformations, no smoothed geometry, no layers and no screen Ambient Occlusion off. I was planning on making a Geometry Cache but they changed it since maya 2012 so I am not confident on doing it or if it will even help.

Any help is welcome.

# 2 04-04-2017 , 06:09 AM
Super Moderator
So this doesn't happen in Maya 2016 (or 2012 since you've mentioned that version) but it does in 2017? Are video card drivers updated?

- Genny