Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 28-08-2011 , 07:33 PM
Subscriber

How to have an object cast/receive no shadows?

I have a diffuser object in my scene that I want to cast/receive no shadows, but couldn't really find a thread pertaining to this topic nor could I find a solution using my googlefu. I am hoping there is a checkbox or radio button somewhere that needs to be set. The object is a simple NURBS surface that has been lofted from two curves.

Not sure if it makes a difference but I am rendering using Mental Ray.

cheers
-C

Last edited by ipatch; 28-08-2011 at 07:35 PM.
# 2 28-08-2011 , 07:47 PM
The thin red line
I think what you are looking for is the attribute spread sheet, select the mesh then go to windows,general editors, attribute spread sheet in there under rendering there are options to receive shadow and cast shadow...........dave

# 3 28-08-2011 , 08:29 PM
You can also select the object and go to it's attributes ctrl-a and then open the render stats tab. For many objects the attributes spread sheet would be faster.

Attached Thumbnails

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 4 28-08-2011 , 09:19 PM
The thin red line
Thats another one you have showed me today Rick keep it up...........dave