Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 16 25-07-2012 , 09:25 PM
Subscriber
that looks cool. I've never seen an egg slicer (or heard of one) before

you should zoom up on the eggs and slicer, they're such tiny things compared to the picture's size.

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 17 26-07-2012 , 12:01 PM
Subscriber
Looking good. We got one of those egg slice things... will not look at the same again!
As Chirone said maybe crop in closer to the action, it looks like you got some great little characters there.

# 18 26-07-2012 , 05:13 PM
Lifetime Member

Trial 2

@Chirone and Stevejp - I tweaked some of the lights and did a little bit of post render work with gimp also zoomed in a little closer on the eggs. let me know what you think.

I know I need to have more expression on the faces of the eggs and need to somehow find a way to create an expression on the peeled egg. I'm not sure what I can use for it since we are supposed to be keeping this somewhat realistic and I don't think most people would use a marker or dye on the actual egg whites. Anyways thanks for the the suggestions keep em coming user added image

Attached Thumbnails

- Jake
# 19 26-07-2012 , 06:16 PM
Super Moderator
The scene is a wee bit under lit and I don't quite know where its coming from since I'm having a hard time picking up shadowing on the eggs. Materials could use some tweaks, very shiny and crisp reflections. And don't be afraid to get low and close with that camera!

- Genny
# 20 31-07-2012 , 05:33 PM
I think your scene looks great, but maybe a little more light on the eggs, and I'm currently messing around with the depth of field on my camera, which helps to give a lot more realism to the scene.

# 21 02-08-2012 , 12:09 AM
Lifetime Member

Up Close

Okay so I tweaked a few textures and I changed the position of the scene a bit tried getting really close to the eggs and I was going to add some DoF but I couldn't find the right settings so I might tinker a bit more with that. Still to come is the Eggsecuted's expression still trying to figure that one out. Anyways let me know what you think.

Thanks user added image

Attached Thumbnails

- Jake
# 22 02-08-2012 , 12:40 AM
Ooh, yes, I'm liking that composition - it's ominous. What about brightening it up a bit more and getting some cast shadows in there? With being so close, on the DoF, try starting your focus distance at 5, F Stop 5.6, and Focus Region Scale between 5 and 10. See what kind of results you get from that. I'm not a photographer, so I'm still trying to make sense of it all too.

# 23 02-08-2012 , 10:46 AM
Subscriber
looking better... feels like we are in on a slice of the action. Can I ask what are the glowing lights in the background?

# 24 03-08-2012 , 02:10 AM
Lifetime Member
LOL cool Jake. Chirone!!!! never seen an egg slicer.....goodness me mate thats a shock!

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes