Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 02-03-2013 , 11:00 PM
Subscriber

Lego Ice Planet Scooter

Thought I will post progress on this scooter I'm making. Inspired to make a lego model from Dango many competitions ago...

Anyway, the ice planet scooter.
https://www.toysperiod.com/lego-set-r...lanet-scooter/

something small and should be easy.

I've used this program called LeoCAD to give me the blocks, then I'm tidying up the models (or in many cases just remaking them but using the given stuff as a guide) because the topology is only ok, and the faces don't face the right way even after I click conform normals. I can get more pointless detail into this because I have these models to copy from.

It's a good thing booleans work or I would have had lots of trouble with the legs.

Attached Thumbnails

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 2 02-03-2013 , 11:31 PM
EduSciVis-er

# 3 03-03-2013 , 01:10 AM
Subscriber
Nice! I had this one, the base and the Deep Freeze Defender, although I knew that one by a different name... they seem to all have different names depending where you are

Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
# 4 10-03-2013 , 03:37 AM
Subscriber
Just need to do the arms...

Attached Thumbnails

# 5 10-03-2013 , 08:19 AM
Subscriber
I got the arms and the colour. How do I make the render better like in the picture that is clearly not mine?

Attached Thumbnails
Attached Images

# 6 17-03-2013 , 05:04 AM
Subscriber
Looks ok to me but it probably isn't. I'm no good at judging these things

Attached Thumbnails

# 7 17-03-2013 , 08:43 AM
Subscriber
Hey Chirone. Looks really good.

Maybe you should try making the orange (maybe make it more deep reed-ish orange) part of the helmet and the chainsaw (!?), glow just a little bit with the a bright deep orange.
So that you get the feeling of the light passing through the transparency. If it makes sense user added image

best

Mikkel

# 8 17-03-2013 , 09:03 AM
Lifetime Member
sent you a PM mate

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 9 17-03-2013 , 09:08 AM
Subscriber

Hey Chirone. Looks really good.

Maybe you should try making the orange (maybe make it more deep reed-ish orange) part of the helmet and the chainsaw (!?), glow just a little bit with the a bright deep orange.
So that you get the feeling of the light passing through the transparency. If it makes sense user added image

best

Mikkel

sort of but not really...

# 10 17-03-2013 , 09:30 AM
Subscriber
If you watch closely at your ref image, his face and a bit of the (white part) helmet is coloured slightly orange from the light passing through the orange part of the helmet.

# 11 17-03-2013 , 09:42 AM
Lifetime Member
Here you go mate,

just take my model out and put yours in user added image. I have made the materials for you...you just need to tweak them. Any questions...fire away, as for the lens for the camera its a simple exposure that you need to put in the cameras MR section user added image

cheers bullet

Attached Files
File Type: zip Chirone.zip (820.9 KB, 228 views)

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 12 17-03-2013 , 09:48 AM
Lifetime Member
Up the refraction on the orange mat for that Chirone as per Mikkels suggestion

bullet1968

# 13 17-03-2013 , 10:09 AM
Subscriber

If you watch closely at your ref image, his face and a bit of the (white part) helmet is coloured slightly orange from the light passing through the orange part of the helmet.

I suppose do get that effect I would change the shadow colour? Or is there a different way to do it?

thanks for that Bullet. I'll have a look at it in a few days when I get a chance to look at this again user added image

# 14 17-03-2013 , 10:11 AM
Lifetime Member
Sorry got that wrong....I have one where diffuse is black and the refraction colour is the colour I want with transparency

cheers bullet

bullet1968

# 15 17-03-2013 , 10:18 AM
Lifetime Member
You will have to play with those settings mate...I have left my diffuse as is and changed the colour slot in refraction to mirror my diffuse.....some tweaking user added image

cheers bullet

bullet1968