Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 24-08-2007 , 07:21 PM
Jr.Who

Why another rigging error

Hey guys,

Ugh, another problem with rigging the G.I.…… Here’s what happened: I selected the root joint and tried Skin>Go to Bind Pose, and I got this error, in the SE:

// Warning: Could not reach pose on right_shoulder rotate. //
// To disable IK, constraints, and expressions, you can use the Modify->DisableNodes menu.
Other connections can be broken using the script editor. //
// Or, to reset the saved pose on a joint, select the joint and enter 'dagPose -reset -name bindPose1'. //
// Error: Pose not achieved. See diagnostics in Script Editor. //

I’m trying to finish this thing up, but it’s so annoying, and I’m having too many problems…… :headbang: :headbang:

-Jr.Who
user added image

# 2 24-08-2007 , 07:27 PM
Jr.Who
Nevermind, I figured it out, but I do need some more help. I have half of my shirt weighted, and I want the other side to have the same weights. I tried figuring out the Mirror Weights thing, but that just screwed it up. :headbang:

# 3 24-08-2007 , 08:51 PM
are you mirroring across the right axis? it can be a bit tricky. also make sure you go back to the previous weighting before you try it again or it can get really messy.

# 4 24-08-2007 , 09:06 PM
Jr.Who
lol, I tried doing it, when he was in a random pose (at least, an attempt of a pose user added image ).

Well, if I have another problem, I’ll post it. Right now, I’m just trying to figure out how joints move.
user added image

# 5 24-08-2007 , 09:38 PM
Jr.Who
Well, it’s wasn’t going to be long until I got another problem. I have my left arm painted, how would I mirror those weights to the right arm? user added image

# 6 24-08-2007 , 09:47 PM
i think you want to focus on painting the weights for all of one side before you use the mirror weights tool. also I think you should keep the character in the bind pose when you mirror. I haven't had much experience with this though...

# 7 24-08-2007 , 09:55 PM
Jr.Who
Oh, now this is really annoying. I thought that it mirrored the weights over (on the shirt), but it didn’t!

Here’s what I‘ve selected:

Attached Thumbnails
# 8 24-08-2007 , 09:56 PM
Jr.Who
It seems like the more I go into this, the more aggravating it gets!

And here’s my settings:

Attached Images