Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 21-02-2003 , 12:02 AM
Subscriber

Subd screwdriver

ello,

trying to model a screwdriver (don't ask me why - i have no idea user added image ) i am creating it using subds. It was looking quite neat until I smoothed the polys (in proxy mode) and this is the result!!!

Is this ok?? or should I have refined the proxy more first before smoothing it??

Any ideas/suggestions appreciated.

cheers

rich

# 2 21-02-2003 , 12:07 AM
"until I smoothed the polys (in proxy mode) " <- can't really understand this part...

...but I think your model is just fine. It looks like you're in standrad mode in the pic above but the display smoothness is just low (does not affect renderings). Select the model and hit "3" on your keyboard and I think it'll be nice and smooth again..

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 3 21-02-2003 , 12:29 AM
Subscriber
yeah you might want to round off the proxy a bit more before smoothing the thing, but its looking fine user added image clean up the poly a bit tho, but that depends on which method u used to model the thing, smooth or poly proxy

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 4 21-02-2003 , 01:06 AM
Subscriber
thanks for the quick responses.

I pressed '3' and wahey looks better - and I will refine the proxy cage more before smoothing.

Cheers

rich

# 5 21-02-2003 , 02:09 AM
Subscriber
oh just a tip, make sure your model doesnt get too heavy user added image you may go wahey when you hit three, but if ur model has a load of faces etc ull be going d'oh when you come to animate/render user added image

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com