Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 17-05-2006 , 05:23 PM

transfering UV sets argh!

hi folks, please help me out of misery!

I created a head consisting of 2094 vertices and duplicated the base mesh for sculpting 3 different versions. I didn´t delete any component. they are still 2094 verts all head meshes.

after unwrapping one head and trying to transfer the UVset - ScriptEditor tells:

// Warning: line 1: Can't perform polyTransfer1 on disabled selection //
// Result: polyTransfer1 // <-- which is a useless blindNode

PS: I exported the meshes into OBJ files and imported them again to transfer the sets. in/export could have maybe caused this problem. but all in all I just can´t figure out why the heck it isn´t working.

thx!

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.
# 2 17-05-2006 , 08:59 PM
hmmm... what about the number of faces and edges?

something could have been f*cked up there, with the faces, it's happened to me before (export from 3ds Max to Maya)

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 3 17-05-2006 , 09:09 PM
well, it´s looks like being a matter of OBJ format. alltho vertex number is still the same after exporting the vertices have been counted differently vtx379 is vtx798 in the other model.

I use to model in maya and export to 3DSmax then. I found out that FBX is less stressful to work with then OBJ. saving/loading UVsets and transfering does also not happen to work within MAX. but one workaround was to use a morpher modifier and just turn the bad UVs into good UVs.

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.
# 4 24-05-2006 , 01:14 AM
So i guess that you fixed this problem?