Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 24-08-2006 , 09:44 PM
Subscriber

lighting issues

hey i have just started making a tank very pretty don't you think? any way i set up a studio render for it from a tutorial and got what you see below but to get the very dull scene below i had to turn up the lights in the scene to full, why is it so dull? the tutorial said that the lights don't need to be this bright the white image is the one i see in the scene i just took a screen shot
https://img226.imageshack.us/img226/3...ehelpmeob6.jpg < the screen shot
whats going on i tryed rendering with mental ray and software but the same thing happened
(the render is in the attachments)

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by tadpole3159; 24-08-2006 at 10:23 PM.
# 2 25-08-2006 , 06:02 AM
well area lights automatically have a quadratic decay factored in, so you'll need a high value if your area light is pretty far away. also, the size of the area light affects how much light is emitted. if the icon representing your area light is small, it won't produce as much light as if the icon were large.

Accept no substitutions.