Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 19-03-2003 , 05:47 PM

bug for lip sync

Hello, i decided to make an animation with characters, because most of my stuff on my demo reel is cars/planes and things. Thought that it would be funny if I did (my United States of Whaterver) not sure if you guys have ever heard that song, but I thought that this would be a funny Character. Let me know what you think. It is heavily infulenced by the Rolly Poley in A Bugs Life. Thanks!
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 2 19-03-2003 , 06:03 PM
The Maya Mountain
looks good so far. user added image

# 3 19-03-2003 , 06:10 PM
Subscriber
Very nice, so far. Did you do that with nurbs?

# 4 19-03-2003 , 06:18 PM
Subscriber
Looks great Brian. Can you show us a wireframe view?

Thanks,
George

God Bless you and 3D
# 5 19-03-2003 , 06:25 PM
wow so many replies allready! I am going to texture it and everthing. Hope to have the model done in about Half an hour here is where i am now. Its Very Low poly Polys, (about 300 faces for the whole thing, and I then converted it to Sub d's I will post a wireframe n a few min. Thanks for all of the replies!!
Brian

I still need to ad legs and antenas...

Please check
My (old) website!
# 6 19-03-2003 , 06:30 PM
Here is a wire. Thanks
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 7 19-03-2003 , 06:45 PM
It looks kind of wierd in some places because when you conver to Sub divisions, it only puts faces where it is nessary, and it doesn't make the lines go all the way accross, it keeps it looking smooth, but with a lower poly count than Nurbs

Please check
My (old) website!
# 8 19-03-2003 , 06:47 PM
update, what colors do you think I should use??

Please check
My (old) website!
# 9 19-03-2003 , 07:17 PM
Hey Bry

it was a lot better when it had short legs, and the green color was much better if you ask me .. The legs dont really seem to belong to the model ..

he is damn cute on the first image.

Btw, do you have any good tuts on how to get control over SubD's ? I can't really seem to get along with them .

Kindly

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
Maya Software Manager & Maya Instructor
LEGO Systems A/S
# 10 19-03-2003 , 07:33 PM
Ok I will go with short legs... I made this pic first though, but I thought I would post it anyways. lol. How to controll Sub D's? Well, I just kinda learned my self. The biggest thing that i can say, is to just make sure you have a clean Poly mesh b4 you convert it, also, I am allways going back and forth, depending on what i am trying to do, If you want a hard edge or vertex, just go to Subd surf and pic partial or hard edge. I kinda made a tutorial on MR2's post about his car. it was really made to show how to clean up a mesh/ and cotroll subd's. Check it out and let me know if it helps at all. Thanks,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 11 19-03-2003 , 07:41 PM
ask and you shall recieve, here are small legs, i think it looks better as well...

Please check
My (old) website!
# 12 19-03-2003 , 08:05 PM
MUCH better user added image), but you need a little fatter fingers, not longer, but fatter only, and feet could be a little bit fatter too user added image

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
Maya Software Manager & Maya Instructor
LEGO Systems A/S
# 13 19-03-2003 , 08:23 PM
GRRR... anybody know why my audio won't play back??? I have imported a wav file and selected it at the time bar. It shows up, but dosen't play back?? I have worked with audio n the past and it has worked fine, can't figure it out... Is there some kind of setting that doesn't let it play?? Thanks.
A very agervated,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 14 19-03-2003 , 08:27 PM
nevermind I feel dumb. I just forgot to turn settings to real time instead of play every frame....lol. I am loosing it.. Sorry!
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 15 19-03-2003 , 09:48 PM
here is my first lyp sync test, I am not using this audio for my animation, it was just a test. Thanks for taking a look!
Brian

BTW its quick time and I know its off and stuff, I think I spent maybe 15 min on this, wasn't really trying to get it perfect, just a test.

Please check
My (old) website!

Last edited by brian_ellebracht; 19-03-2003 at 09:51 PM.