Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 23-03-2008 , 06:06 AM

Question re corrective blend shapes

Hi folks,

been wondering about these. If I'm adding the to a bound character... should I put him in a pose, the duplicate the mesh in a pose and create the target on that? Won't the blend then force him into that shape, instead of the part I just want to change (like the inner elbow)?

How do you go about making these?

cheers

gubar

# 2 23-03-2008 , 09:18 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
The only way to do things like elbows are to do them in the standard bind pose, dupicate the model and do a sdk for the blend shape eg: its driven by the elbow joint, then pose the skinned elbow, then work on the target. Its best to use a split GUI layout so you can see the changes on the skinned model as you make them.

Also be aware you may have to rearrange the inputs order depend on where the skin cluster is etc after doing a blend shape otherwise you'll get double transformations

cheers
Jay

# 3 23-03-2008 , 09:24 AM
Ok jay cheers for that,

kind of been doing that at the moment - making something roughly, connecting it, and then tweaking the target / weights as I go until it starts to look ok.

thanks,

gubar