Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 07-03-2004 , 08:01 PM

Environment textures?

How to create realistic environments (sky, sun clouds etc.) in Maya? ...suppose I'd have to use the env. textures like Env Sky.
I tried, but just couldn't figure 'em out user added image ...Where can I find good tutorials covering that topic?

---------------------------------------------
Why are U reading this?
# 2 07-03-2004 , 09:16 PM
Maya used to but have not seen any other on the net. I had to play with the settings till I got it right.
What I do though is use a volume primative and apply the cloud texture then adjust the ripples etc in the atributs to show how far away it is, maybe 3-4 primatives depending on what you are trying to create.

# 3 07-03-2004 , 09:21 PM
Actualy here is an example of a sky backgound I did for a project of mine, all the clouds are volume primative spheres.

Attached Thumbnails