Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 31-03-2004 , 09:26 PM

New CPU + Maya = ?

Has anyone upgraded their CPU before and had everything work except for Maya? I just went from a 2400+ to a mobile Barton 2500+ chip (OC's like a mofo). The chip is stable, 30 degrees celcius @ 2400mhz (200fsbx12)... I played around with different memory settings, modules, etc. The only thing that made maya stable again was putting my old CPU back in.

So, I'm wondering if I need to reinstall Maya with the new chip installed (it is a Barton, as opposed to Thoroughbred core). Any help would be appreciated.

# 2 31-03-2004 , 09:35 PM
I run a Barton 2500, but it is only unstable when I render a large scene

# 3 01-04-2004 , 01:39 AM
I was able to get into Maya, and I managed to render a nurbs sphere (vert fast user added image ), however, whenever I loaded one of my scenes, they would load, and as soon as I tried to touch the time slider or tumble or something, it locked hard. Cursor wouldn't move...ctrl+alt+delete = nothing. etc...

# 4 01-04-2004 , 05:44 AM
Uninstall, but leave the files there. Then reinstall. That should help.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 5 01-04-2004 , 06:00 AM
Subscriber
Download Prime95 and run the torture test, https://www.mersenne.org/ , if this locks up or reports errors then your system isn't stable and you need to alter system setting or upgrade your cooling.

www.snipersupplies.co.uk
# 6 02-04-2004 , 06:53 PM
thanks for the replies! lonepig, I'll definitely give that a shot, however, I don't think it's an issue with stability as the program crashed at the default speed of 1.83 ghz. I also tried it with 4 different sticks of memory. I'm baffled... I guess I'll try reinstalling Maya when I get home.