Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 25-09-2007 , 07:59 AM

Limitations of Maya?

Hi again forum. I've been working on this little bumper cart in Maya 8.5 for my course assignment, and I've been trying to render off some stills through the IPR render window. But this is quite a high poly image with a lot of different shaders and textures of high resolution also. The problem is that everytime I go to hit render it just comes up with the last render I did, as though it just gave up and decided not to tell me.

Does anyone know if Maya is doing this because of the high pressure on the computer? I understand good specs are needed for good capability and it does increase your limits, but is there a way to get around this?
user added image

'Sup Jono.
# 2 25-09-2007 , 08:24 AM
Subscriber
try changing your view port, view or even camera then back to that same camera. If its wot im thinking of, (it may not be),

it happened to me before. maybe a gliche i dont know, but the above worked for me anyhow. unless of course ...i take it you are pressing the right button to render right? hehe

those who succeed are only the failures that never gave up.

https://www.vimeo.com/7080130
# 3 25-09-2007 , 08:54 AM
If it keeps doing it try importing into a new scene, or just saving and rebooting.

Its not a limitation on maya as it can render out really high quality stuff no probs.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 4 25-09-2007 , 09:09 AM

Originally posted by gster123
If it keeps doing it try importing into a new scene, or just saving and rebooting.

Its not a limitation on maya as it can render out really high quality stuff no probs.

Yeah my solution to any problem is just reboot if I can't work out the reason, and that works. But this model is very high poly, and my computer is sort of outdated. I understand how much Maya can render out though, so I know it's just that. Also, my computer has been on all day and probably running low on memory.

'Sup Jono.
# 5 25-09-2007 , 12:16 PM
Subscriber
That happen to me a couple of days ago ... same problem as you when i tried to render, it had the same picture from the last render i did while also saying in the script editor that i needed to clean my scene up.

Whats the polycount of the bumper car?

# 6 25-09-2007 , 08:40 PM
Subscriber
sometimes it helps with memory probs due to blocked space.

type this in the command line.

clearCache -all;

greets