Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 09-05-2008 , 04:00 AM

How can I upgrade/update to 8.5

If there's a way that I could upgrade or update the version of Maya I have (Maya Umlimited 8.0) to Maya Unlimited 8.5, please tell me.

I bought my copy of Maya from a student software store online, so if there's a way existing users of Maya can download 8.5 for free, or at educational pricing, could someone please tell me that too.

There's a feature I've heard is only in Maya Unlimited 8.5 called Maya nCloth, which I've also heard is better than or easier to use than the original Maya cloth tools.

Please tell me the price if there is one, and where I can get the download.

Thankyou,
- Tammy

# 2 09-05-2008 , 06:15 AM
Subscriber
I honestly don't know of any educational resources for maya and as a student that kind of sucks. But I believe you would have to pay for the new version as it was a major revision and several things added/modified like nCloth. You might contact autodesk and see what they say but I'm pretty sure they are going to tell you you need to buy a liscence for 8.5.

Peace, love and Anarchy~~~~~~~
Arch Viz Reel

My Website is Finally Back up!

“Welcome to the Internet. Where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.”
# 3 10-05-2008 , 04:22 AM
:attn: finally one I here that I'm experienced with.

I purchased ver. 7.0 from my college bookstore. ufortunately we do not receive any support for educational copies
or any benefit that users or full legal licences receive.

It will cost me 379 US dollars to purchase the full version of maya 2008. however it is much much cheaper than the full retail version.

the only difference is that you cannot use it for profit.