Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 21-01-2011 , 03:54 AM
Subscriber

shaded to wireframe animation

Hey guys,

I've just recently made started with Maya and I'm looking to get into character modeling. I have seen a number of turntable animations where just the model fades from a shaded to a wireframe, and sometimes partial wireframe. I'm curious to know, is that done within Maya or is it done in After Effects?

Cheers all

# 2 21-01-2011 , 05:01 AM

Hey guys,

I've just recently made started with Maya and I'm looking to get into character modeling. I have seen a number of turntable animations where just the model fades from a shaded to a wireframe, and sometimes partial wireframe. I'm curious to know, is that done within Maya or is it done in After Effects?

Cheers all

I'm not sure how others have done it but I've done it by rendering out the full animation in wireframe, then render it without wireframe. Then in a seperate application transition between the two. It doesn't have to be after effects, but yes you could do it with that. Basically any application where you can transition between two animations. I'm sure there are other ways to do it, but that's how I've done it. You can even create alpha masks to get even more creative so that parts of the model appear wired and parts non-wired.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 3 21-01-2011 , 08:56 AM
SM Tea Boy
Easiest way in my experience is to render out the wire, then the shaded view and comp the two together.

Dave

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 4 21-01-2011 , 09:00 AM
Subscriber
thanks, I'll give that a shot

cheers