Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 16 27-10-2009 , 04:47 PM
EduSciVis-er
Haha, sort of... wasn't really sure how bendingiscool meant it either... so I figured if you wink, then everyone's at ease. It's sort of like when people say something really mean e.g. "you smell awful", and then the person gets offended, and then you say "I'm just sayin'..." and that seems to make it better user added image :p

# 17 27-10-2009 , 04:55 PM
EduSciVis-er
And I guess to get this thread back on track, and show some people *cough* what constructive criticism is...

Not bad monkey... is the background a photo with a filter added to it? It's an interesting effect. One simple thing you could try to add a bit more depth to the portrait instead of having only solid colors is to add a bit of shadowing and highlights

Here's what I mean:
1) Take the color that you used for the skin for example, and get a bit of a darker color
2) Add that slightly darker color to areas where light wouldn't reach as much, like under the chin and around the jaw maybe
3) Likewise, add slightly lighter colors to areas where light would hit directly, maybe on the cheek or shoulders

Just an idea, keep working on it

# 18 27-10-2009 , 09:24 PM
Super Moderator
Lol Tweety's post had me cracking up, nice one.

Ok fine, people will say things we don't agree with, that's life. However, if there was a point anywhere in there, he could have made it without being rude and obnoxious. He wasn't saying it should be in the 2D thread, he was saying it shouldn't be on this site period. At this moment I do care that Monkey99 is eleven, some dude just tried to steamroll a kid, and that's not right regardless of how he back peddled and tried to pass it off as a "suggestion".

@Monkey99

If you're interested in learning to draw then you should read up a bit. I'm sure you can find free tuts through Google but I found this book pretty handy ---->> Drawing for the Absolute Beginner

- Genny
# 19 27-10-2009 , 10:17 PM
Subscriber
@GecT

No I wont really bother for a long time. I'll wait a while because the art education at my secondry school is very good. They also teach us photoshop user added image

Im Back and now 13 (:

Autume Challenge Nov 09