SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Maya Questions / Maya Technical Issues / obj uv mapping

Maya Technical Issues Post all your interface and configuration related problems with Maya software here.

Join the conversation. Reply to post

04-08-2016, 02:07 PM   #1
OriannaMainJack

obj uv mapping
Hi.

I'm having a problem with the UV mapping.
I have a character model that I'd like to make a UV map for, but the problem is when I load the character with her pet (its a flying ball) I only get the UV map of the ball.

When I load the character seperated from the ball when I deleted the ball in Maya it still doesn't show any UV mapping.

And when I seperate the ball and the character from each other in Cinema 4D (where I made both of them) and then import the character to Maya and try the UV mapping, it doesn't give any UV map either. I did get an error about some texture thingie, but there were no textures on her in the first place. She was litterally completely white!

Oh, I also always get some error if I don't save something. It says that it couldn't save it and asks if I'd like to write a report to Autodesk. But that's not really that bad.

Anyway, please
04-08-2016, 02:12 PM   #2
OriannaMainJack

Oh, I found the Error. It says:

Failed to finalize the color transform.

And below in a red bar it says:

Error:file:C:/Autodeks/Maya2016/scripts/others/textureWindowCreateToolbar.mel line 1783: The GPU adaptor of the transform to finalize is null.